Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone else have a really horrible hospital stay after baby?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 89 Replies

For me, the L&D went great, but the after care was horrid. They tried so hard to have her sleep in the nursery and when I said no they said it was against hospital policy, yeah..... no.  And then the next morning they were pissed she slept in the bed with me. They also got mad that my mom brought me food. Another issue was the fact that going home I refused to take the formula gift bag with me. 

I'm having a home birth next time. 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2012 at 12:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Bryant1201
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 12:49 AM
1 mom liked this
My hospital stay was great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ang9403
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 12:51 AM
With my first everything was terrible. I couldn't wait to get home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2012 at 12:52 AM
Mine was bad too. I actually opted to have my next baby out of the hospital because of my experience.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2012 at 12:54 AM

What happened? 

Quoting Ang9403:

With my first everything was terrible. I couldn't wait to get home.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2012 at 12:54 AM

What happened? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Mine was bad too. I actually opted to have my next baby out of the hospital because of my experience.

Charliesmommy11
by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 12:55 AM
Mine was horrible for totally different reasons than being gifted formula or eating food lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MOMMY2ACR
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 12:55 AM
2 moms liked this
Mine was great. I'm pretty excited to go back in a few weeks. Our already awesome hospital just moved into a brand new place. Plus they have the best mashed potatoes ive ever had lol. I'm really looking forward to the potatoes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Oct. 26, 2012 at 12:55 AM

All of mine were great.......

I kept my first 2 babies in my room with me (each time) even before it was ever popular to do so.....the hospital staff was a little shocked that I refused to let them take the baby to the nursery (without my DH watching the whole time ) but after I told them that was the way it was going to be....they left me alone.

I ate the hospital food ...I was so hungry and then I sent my DH out for food everytime I was hungry after that and they never said anything to us about it all....not that it would have made any difference

Larger Image                                         

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Oct. 26, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Just with my first. I started running a fever after and my OB ordered 2 bags of antibiotics for me. Well I got halfway through one and they came in to take my IV out. I told them what he said and they told me very rudely to let them do their job. So I said fine. Not 5 minutes later after I was moved into my recovery room, theycame to put my IV back in.  

Then they discharged me without removing my IV. 

They also didnt wheel me out of the hospital. I had to walk from one end to the other after giving birth.

With McKenzie I had a wonderful stay, the nurses were all different. I was there for less than 24 hours and the nurse was nice enough to dope me up all night so I could sleep. It was nice. One nurse even helped me bathe.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2012 at 12:58 AM
Everything went pretty good for me other than the lactation nurses :/ I could have killed her! I couldn't get my ds to wake up to feed so she came in and took a freezing cold soaking wet wash cloth and put it all over his face and that didn't work so she picked him up over her head and started swinging him! OMG I flipped on here lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)