Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FOR ALL CESAREAN SECTION MOMMYS..

How do you feel about your scar honestly??

I was told I was full previa.  My placenta slightly moved with every passing day, so there was a chance I could deliver vaginally, but maybe not. So I spent some time looking at and touching my smooth flawless belly and trying to imagine a scar there. Then I tried to imagine getting cut, (I have never had any sort of surgery before) and what if my infant gets injured????

Then I got nervous as my date approached. I talked to my man and kids about it and they felt nervous as well but I assured them that it was a common procedure and Mommy will be ok, (even though I wasnt really sure myself).  Then I went in to deliver and they gave me the thumbs up for vaginal.  My water broke on Fri, but Katya didnt come out til Tue.  I was in full labor overnight and the next day I started bleeding a LOT. Placenta ripping from the wall, they gotta do a c-section NOW. 

Now everythings flying all over the place, hospital gowns, blue disposal towels, IV's, doctors (I had three, and they were AMAZING.  I couldnt thank them enough), nurses, wheelchair, I'm getting strapped down. I told them as I left the labor room to "Please clean up the blood, I cant have my people seeing all of that."  Found out later that they didnt and my Mom walked in saw the bloody bed, Nurse telling her I went in for an emergency C.  My man, Mom, and three kids. My sweet loving family = worried sick.

I'm lying there, no time for a short prayer, I'm thinking about My man, My mom, the three little loves, my unborn. Now theyre smashing a mask into my face telling me to go to sleep.

Fast forward:  I think I am completely fascinated with my scar.  It is sensitive sometimes, numb at times, itchy at times. But what really fascinates me is the fact that I was CUT OPEN.  I still cant get over it and they reached in and pulled out a most perfect tiny girl.  The scar is bikini line, barely there, when I touch it, it feels like theres a sturdy chord or wire across it. When I push it, my man and I both feel it.  What is that? Scar tissue? I dont know, I feel it but cant see it.  When he pours peroxide on it and rubs over and beneath it it feel SO good. Relaxing. 

I can see myself in my bikini next summer.  Showing it off.  I am proud of it.  It saved my daughters life. Special thanks to Dr. Wiggins and Young and Sharah, you guys ROCK!!!!!!

MIA OF TALAMASCA

by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 10:28 AM
Replies (11-20):
SevenKisses
by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Mine is 3 years old, and it's pretty much never been visible (the scar itself, not just because it's in a hidden location) so I have never thought bad about it. I barely have one!

I do hate when anyone touches me near it. Since it still has 2 percent feeling, it really bothers me.

momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 10:44 AM
I had 2 emergency C-sections (apparently I have a fun uterus to hang around, they didn't want to leave on their own, lol) and the scar is hardly noticeable. Today's cuts are very different, they don't cut you in half anymore. I just have a small scar just below where pubic hair starts, so it's hard to see. I actually haven't thought about it until you mentioned it now.
Plus, it's not an area I go around displaying to the world, so why would I care?

Sharon
Dippydoomomof2
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 10:46 AM
Just another scar really. What I found interesting was the fact that I had 20 staples! It feels a little numb every now and then. It doesn't bother me or DH.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1CrazyCajun
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Eh, I don't think to much about it. I had to have a csection. It gave me my son. I have a faint scar, but it's covered by my undies. Have a small spot where it's numb, but thats about it.

Mainstream Moms Attached Parenting not quite your style. Are you more laid back?Come join other like minded moms. No pi*sing matches here.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2012 at 10:47 AM
I hate it. It makes me feel so insecure looking at it.
Binkys_Buttons
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 10:50 AM
My is 4 years old and still completely numb, infact my entire my whole lower stomach is still numb from it. I wasnt given a choice about my c-section it was that from day one because of other health issues (MS and locations of lesions on my spine)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2012 at 10:53 AM

i love mine. i hate the pooch i have from it, but it's bearable

redneckmama4
by Loree on Oct. 26, 2012 at 10:53 AM
I've had two:(

It is pretty much gone but I still have about a two inch section that is numb and I don't like it touched. I also have a stabbin pain sometimes when I cough that makes me think hernia. I have to push pressure on it to cough and not feel like my inards will come out.

I would have demanded bein sewn up instead of the fast staples had I known but I was ignorant on sections at the time.

It amazed me that four hands could be in my little body and dh couldn't believe how BIG they stretched me out.

I can handle pain quite well (first two were natural) but the sections were torture!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
addykarder19
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 10:56 AM
mine doesn't really bother me. it was almost gone but then I got pregnant again and had another csection
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dawnjohnson5
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 10:57 AM
Mine is all crooked. Lol

It has been five years and it is still numb.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured