Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

FOR ALL CESAREAN SECTION MOMMYS..

How do you feel about your scar honestly??

I was told I was full previa.  My placenta slightly moved with every passing day, so there was a chance I could deliver vaginally, but maybe not. So I spent some time looking at and touching my smooth flawless belly and trying to imagine a scar there. Then I tried to imagine getting cut, (I have never had any sort of surgery before) and what if my infant gets injured????

Then I got nervous as my date approached. I talked to my man and kids about it and they felt nervous as well but I assured them that it was a common procedure and Mommy will be ok, (even though I wasnt really sure myself).  Then I went in to deliver and they gave me the thumbs up for vaginal.  My water broke on Fri, but Katya didnt come out til Tue.  I was in full labor overnight and the next day I started bleeding a LOT. Placenta ripping from the wall, they gotta do a c-section NOW. 

Now everythings flying all over the place, hospital gowns, blue disposal towels, IV's, doctors (I had three, and they were AMAZING.  I couldnt thank them enough), nurses, wheelchair, I'm getting strapped down. I told them as I left the labor room to "Please clean up the blood, I cant have my people seeing all of that."  Found out later that they didnt and my Mom walked in saw the bloody bed, Nurse telling her I went in for an emergency C.  My man, Mom, and three kids. My sweet loving family = worried sick.

I'm lying there, no time for a short prayer, I'm thinking about My man, My mom, the three little loves, my unborn. Now theyre smashing a mask into my face telling me to go to sleep.

Fast forward:  I think I am completely fascinated with my scar.  It is sensitive sometimes, numb at times, itchy at times. But what really fascinates me is the fact that I was CUT OPEN.  I still cant get over it and they reached in and pulled out a most perfect tiny girl.  The scar is bikini line, barely there, when I touch it, it feels like theres a sturdy chord or wire across it. When I push it, my man and I both feel it.  What is that? Scar tissue? I dont know, I feel it but cant see it.  When he pours peroxide on it and rubs over and beneath it it feel SO good. Relaxing. 

I can see myself in my bikini next summer.  Showing it off.  I am proud of it.  It saved my daughters life. Special thanks to Dr. Wiggins and Young and Sharah, you guys ROCK!!!!!!

MIA OF TALAMASCA

by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 10:28 AM
Replies (31-40):
MIAOFTALAMASCA
by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Oh Lol, I'm sorry I didnt even notice...yea, Dr's tell me the same thing, that it will continuously fade.  I have dissolving stitches, get less noticeable by the day...Interesting stuff...

Quoting Anonymous:

Pssst it's spelled mommies. LOL!

Anyway my scar doesn't really bother me. My last C was 5 years ago and my scar has faded quite a but.

MIA OF TALAMASCA

Charliesmommy11
by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 11:36 AM
Why are you pouring peroxide on it ?

And mine is still numb in most spots 18 months later , it gets sensitive if I wear lacy underwear or tighter pants , it hurts sometimes if I over excerpt myself.

Considering they had less than 10 minutes to get me to an OR , numbed up , hooked up , etc etc , it actually is a small straight scar and is not that noticeable .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 26, 2012 at 11:37 AM
I can't see it, I have extra skin covering it now.
:-/
Oh, and I don't know what you're feeling. I feel something along the scar-line too, like under the skin. I guess scar tissue. It's not bothersome, so I don't worry about it.
vetNmommy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I had a c section with my twins at 29 weeks. 

It is very low, very light, I can wear a low bikini and it still can not be seen. The line is not very long either. He did a wonderful job. 

MIAOFTALAMASCA
by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 11:40 AM

My Dr. instructed me to. I suppose I can stop now, but I'm loving the nightly belly rubs. Dont wanna start putting lotions or whatnot on it yet, it's still too soon.

Quoting Charliesmommy11:

And mine is still numb in most spots 18 months later , it gets sensitive if I wear lacy underwear or tighter pants , it hurts sometimes if I over excerpt myself.

Considering they had less than 10 minutes to get me to an OR , numbed up , hooked up , etc etc , it actually is a small straight scar and is not that noticeable .

MIA OF TALAMASCA

vetNmommy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Oh and with my c section they did not use stiches, they used glue. It was awesome! This was 5 years ago.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Oct. 26, 2012 at 11:41 AM
Mine is kinda big. And purple. :( It still itches and is numb. But I don't mind it.
Charliesmommy11
by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 11:43 AM
Weird , I was told not to put anything on it but mild soap and water in the shower and pat it dry. Did you have a skin infection or something ? Peroxide is used to clean bacteria out of an open wound without all the burning and stinging of alcohol. It actually slows the healing process down for some wounds.

Quoting MIAOFTALAMASCA:

My Dr. instructed me to. I suppose I can stop now, but I'm loving the nightly belly rubs. Dont wanna start putting lotions or whatnot on it yet, it's still too soon.

Quoting Charliesmommy11:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justahousewife
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 11:47 AM

It's less visible than the stretch marks. lol It really doesn't show unless you're really looking. 

babyboy117
by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Aww this was sweet
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)