Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

FOR ALL CESAREAN SECTION MOMMYS..

How do you feel about your scar honestly??

I was told I was full previa.  My placenta slightly moved with every passing day, so there was a chance I could deliver vaginally, but maybe not. So I spent some time looking at and touching my smooth flawless belly and trying to imagine a scar there. Then I tried to imagine getting cut, (I have never had any sort of surgery before) and what if my infant gets injured????

Then I got nervous as my date approached. I talked to my man and kids about it and they felt nervous as well but I assured them that it was a common procedure and Mommy will be ok, (even though I wasnt really sure myself).  Then I went in to deliver and they gave me the thumbs up for vaginal.  My water broke on Fri, but Katya didnt come out til Tue.  I was in full labor overnight and the next day I started bleeding a LOT. Placenta ripping from the wall, they gotta do a c-section NOW. 

Now everythings flying all over the place, hospital gowns, blue disposal towels, IV's, doctors (I had three, and they were AMAZING.  I couldnt thank them enough), nurses, wheelchair, I'm getting strapped down. I told them as I left the labor room to "Please clean up the blood, I cant have my people seeing all of that."  Found out later that they didnt and my Mom walked in saw the bloody bed, Nurse telling her I went in for an emergency C.  My man, Mom, and three kids. My sweet loving family = worried sick.

I'm lying there, no time for a short prayer, I'm thinking about My man, My mom, the three little loves, my unborn. Now theyre smashing a mask into my face telling me to go to sleep.

Fast forward:  I think I am completely fascinated with my scar.  It is sensitive sometimes, numb at times, itchy at times. But what really fascinates me is the fact that I was CUT OPEN.  I still cant get over it and they reached in and pulled out a most perfect tiny girl.  The scar is bikini line, barely there, when I touch it, it feels like theres a sturdy chord or wire across it. When I push it, my man and I both feel it.  What is that? Scar tissue? I dont know, I feel it but cant see it.  When he pours peroxide on it and rubs over and beneath it it feel SO good. Relaxing. 

I can see myself in my bikini next summer.  Showing it off.  I am proud of it.  It saved my daughters life. Special thanks to Dr. Wiggins and Young and Sharah, you guys ROCK!!!!!!

MIA OF TALAMASCA

by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 10:28 AM
Replies (41-50):
Ber-Lynn
by Count Me In on Oct. 26, 2012 at 11:49 AM
I have no problem with mine, it is a little below the bikini line so if I wanted to wear a two piece no one would ever know. My scar is very light you have to really look to see it. I have many scars. I have a big scar on both hips and a scar going down the outer part of my thigh on my right leg, I also have another scar below bikini line where they put a screw in my pelvis. I had no choice but to have a c-section and I knew that from the beginning because of my hips and pelvis. So it is just a part of me.
areyouatroll
by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 11:51 AM
Um. I don't really care about it lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kmansfield
by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 11:51 AM
I am proud of it.
tarakay0417
by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 11:54 AM
Mine is 9 yrs old and its barely visable. But I love it, its where my ds came out of. With this baby I may get another one. And I will love that one too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2012 at 11:58 AM
I have had 2 sections and another surgery to remove a tubal. My tubal scar I rub when my nervous or scared. My section scar I don't really mess with.
hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 12:01 PM
I feel nothing. Tbh I don't even think about it. Its been over 4 years since my last c-section, and the scar is barely visible.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2012 at 12:02 PM

I do not pay that much attention to it I just make sure I clean it well 

haunted.mommy
by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 12:03 PM

I can't even see mine

PeaceMuch
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 12:07 PM
Mine is barely there..lol my husband has a hard time seeing it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2012 at 12:08 PM

I don't know.  My doctor was amazing and you can barely see it.  I have had three.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)