Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

FOR ALL CESAREAN SECTION MOMMYS..

How do you feel about your scar honestly??

I was told I was full previa.  My placenta slightly moved with every passing day, so there was a chance I could deliver vaginally, but maybe not. So I spent some time looking at and touching my smooth flawless belly and trying to imagine a scar there. Then I tried to imagine getting cut, (I have never had any sort of surgery before) and what if my infant gets injured????

Then I got nervous as my date approached. I talked to my man and kids about it and they felt nervous as well but I assured them that it was a common procedure and Mommy will be ok, (even though I wasnt really sure myself).  Then I went in to deliver and they gave me the thumbs up for vaginal.  My water broke on Fri, but Katya didnt come out til Tue.  I was in full labor overnight and the next day I started bleeding a LOT. Placenta ripping from the wall, they gotta do a c-section NOW. 

Now everythings flying all over the place, hospital gowns, blue disposal towels, IV's, doctors (I had three, and they were AMAZING.  I couldnt thank them enough), nurses, wheelchair, I'm getting strapped down. I told them as I left the labor room to "Please clean up the blood, I cant have my people seeing all of that."  Found out later that they didnt and my Mom walked in saw the bloody bed, Nurse telling her I went in for an emergency C.  My man, Mom, and three kids. My sweet loving family = worried sick.

I'm lying there, no time for a short prayer, I'm thinking about My man, My mom, the three little loves, my unborn. Now theyre smashing a mask into my face telling me to go to sleep.

Fast forward:  I think I am completely fascinated with my scar.  It is sensitive sometimes, numb at times, itchy at times. But what really fascinates me is the fact that I was CUT OPEN.  I still cant get over it and they reached in and pulled out a most perfect tiny girl.  The scar is bikini line, barely there, when I touch it, it feels like theres a sturdy chord or wire across it. When I push it, my man and I both feel it.  What is that? Scar tissue? I dont know, I feel it but cant see it.  When he pours peroxide on it and rubs over and beneath it it feel SO good. Relaxing. 

I can see myself in my bikini next summer.  Showing it off.  I am proud of it.  It saved my daughters life. Special thanks to Dr. Wiggins and Young and Sharah, you guys ROCK!!!!!!

MIA OF TALAMASCA

by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 10:28 AM
Replies (61-69):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 26, 2012 at 2:13 PM

LOL! I was just kidding. and that last word was supposed to be bit, not but. LOL! 

Quoting MIAOFTALAMASCA:

Oh Lol, I'm sorry I didnt even notice...yea, Dr's tell me the same thing, that it will continuously fade.  I have dissolving stitches, get less noticeable by the day...Interesting stuff...

Quoting Anonymous:

Pssst it's spelled mommies. LOL!

Anyway my scar doesn't really bother me. My last C was 5 years ago and my scar has faded quite a but.

BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 2:16 PM

I hate mine because it's a vertical incision. I'll be having another c-section in February.

My scar has faded a lot, but being that's its long and vertical (compared to "bikini cut"), it's easy to understand why I hate it. Lol.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Oct. 26, 2012 at 3:56 PM

I have no negative or positive feelings towards mine. It's just...there. lol. It's not ugly but it's not beautiful. You can barely see it. I don't really think about it too much to be honest

xomrs.chase
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 3:57 PM
Mine is numb... they cut part of my tattoo... lol but I'm indifferent about it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lisawharton5
by Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 4:04 PM
mine is at my bikini line also dont bother me dont even notice it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
egbkeb
by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 11:13 PM
I have two and don't think about them lol
Kitschy
by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 11:16 PM

My first scar was small and didn't bother me at all. After my second c-section the skin did not go back. I doubt my scar would bother me much if I could see it, but with the huge flap of skin I have from the second c-section it's buried.

livelaughlov26
by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 11:18 PM
I don't care about my scar. It's just there
Alisonsmom07
by Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 11:30 PM

does anyone have scar tissue on the inside.  my is horrid i hate it.  even if my stomach was flat there would still be a huge bump from scarring.  sucks :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)