Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

immediate help please *response update

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Please don't critize me for saying this. I just need advise. Well my 8yo dd's hair is super super thick. Mexican /Indian mixture We have always had problem with her head being extra sesitive. Her hair when she was younger was past her butt. When she became 6 1/2 she no longer wanted anyone to brush her hair. So we let her manage her own hair and refuses to brush it herself and refuses to let anyone else brush it. Well I cut it short and sent 16 1/2 inches to locks for love. Now she is 8 and her hair is back to the middle of her back. She tells us she brushes it pulls it up in a pony tail and we leave for school. Well I just went to take it down and cut it shorter and her hair is so matted to her scalp in the center of her brashed hair idk what to do. I put massive conditioner and olive oil in her hair to try and brush through she threw such a tantrum the neighbors called the cops. Which is why I usually avoid getting her upset because every time she is upset the neighbors call the cops. What do I do to get her hair brushed out? Btw I can't afford to go to a salon and have them do it. My bffl says the way my dd acts that a salon would just refuse her anyways.

*oh the whole response on the bob cut. That is what my plan was I just need to get the mats out before it can be cut. If I don't get them out she will have uneven hair cut.
*She can only use Johnson and Johnson if I use other shampoos she breaks out in little bumps and itches all night. I use mane & tail on my hair though.
*for the Mommy about threatened to shave her hair I have done that. She just says no you won't which she is right.
This is the cut she has agreed to get I offered a pixie cut she says this one she likes link on pg.4

*mayo /egg (lol salad dressing) is now set into her hair. How long do I leave it? Or am I supposed to be brushing it while in her hair?
*It is now half cut and brushed finally 4hrs later. The bendryl knocked her out. So when she wakes up in the morning I will finish the cut. Wow thank you to the supportive mommies who did not belittle or put down me or my daughter.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2012 at 8:27 PM
Replies (21-30):
wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Oct. 27, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Get a good detangler. You can get some fairly cheap that are made for kids

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2012 at 8:44 PM
Get her hair wet, slathered a ton of conditioner on it, and comb it with a wide tooth comb. That's how my mom used to comb my hair so it didn't hurt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnjalisMommy07
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 8:44 PM
Cut it off.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2012 at 8:46 PM
Sounds like she isn't washing it either.

You need to step in and do her hair do her. It shouldn't have gotten that bad.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2012 at 8:47 PM
1 mom liked this
What. A. Brat.
mommy425906
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 8:48 PM

My older sister pulled stuff like that when she was younger. My Dad had it chopped ALL off. Extreme but it fixed the problem.

momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Start using a keratin based shampoo or keratin treatments and see if that helps. 

LexRi0709
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 8:51 PM
Deep conditioner mixed with water 60/40 ish mix in a spray bottle. Spray it on and wait a few min. Start at the bottom and work your way up in very small sections. Its going to hurt her, but she did it to herself and now needs to suck it up.

I've heard mayo mixed with egg helps as an at home deep conditoner but I've never tried it.

After this either she let's you take care of it or it gets cut into something super short like a pixie cut.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2012 at 8:53 PM

What about a cute pixie cut?

lalaboosh
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 8:56 PM
Making empty threats is a really bad idea. Shave her head. You made your bed. Lay in it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured