Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The thought of children enjoying hunting bothers me....S/O

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 10:15 PM
  • 49 Replies
2 moms liked this

I understand that many people hunt for food and that's fine. Someone has to do it. The thing that gets me is when small children are SO happy about finally getting the chance to kill a deer. My 6 year old cries at those humane society commercials(yes she really cries lol). If I even suggested her shooting a deer she would not be happy with me.

I just don't understand how a child would want to shoot an animal. 

That's just my opinion on the matter. If you don't agree, that's ok too!

by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 10:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xXxLillithxXx
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with you. I know its normal for alot of people but not for me. To each their own.

lauren.m
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2012 at 10:17 PM
4 moms liked this
Its all about how they are raised and what is normal where theyre from.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 27, 2012 at 10:17 PM
I so agree with you. I cry at those commercials also.
Pink_Love
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 10:20 PM
3 moms liked this
My 6 yr old dd love's hunting. It's the way she is raised, my 4 yr old dd is going for the first time this deer season. They know that beef comes from cows that are killed to feed us, same for pork and chicken. They've seen mine and dh's kills since they were very little, it's natural and common to them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 27, 2012 at 10:21 PM
4 moms liked this

its normal. What isnt normal(or what used to be abnormal) is when kids cry at the idea of a deer being killed. We used to hunt to eat. Not go to the store and pick up a pack of chicken.

Ginger0104
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2012 at 10:21 PM
3 moms liked this

Agreed.  It bothers me that young children are handling firearms.

702girly
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2012 at 10:22 PM

I enjoyed hunting as a kid. I don't really care if you're bothered by it.

Pink.Frosting
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2012 at 10:25 PM
You just have a different frame of reference than those families. There are probably things you do that they would think odd or strange.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 27, 2012 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I live in PA where hunting and guns are like a relgion here, the deer problem is bad here. I think hunting is good because it keeps the population down, but when it comes to little children I don't like the idea of someone so small has all that power? What happens if that child begins to like the hunt or kill? It scares me to think that society has become so nonchalant about guns now a days. There is no sensitivity to the matter..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 27, 2012 at 10:27 PM
My dd has gone hunting but hasn't shot any animals (she's too noisy & we aren't sure if she's ready yet). She really wants to shoot a wild hog. She knows where meat comes from & wants to hunt with us.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)