Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i thought babies weren't able to be spoiled...then what the f***?!

Posted by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 7:56 AM
  • 212 Replies
1 mom liked this

My 11 week old won't sleep by himself ._. We moved recently so we haven't been able to take the crib, so he's slept in our arms till he was all the way out, then we put him in a snugrocker. Now we have his bassinet set up, so we want to try putting him in there...he won't go to sleep...the moment he gets set down, he wakes up! x_x .... what happened to all the "babies don't get spoiled." shit I heard before....ah...lol 

edit:
;) guess I confused a lot of you guys. I know already that babies don't become spoiled too early, I was just kidding about that part. Little one just seems like he's spoiled because he's clingy, but I know he's not. :P

CafeMom Tickers
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 7:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
harpsichord
by Platinum Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 7:57 AM
16 moms liked this
He probably just feels safe and secure in your arms
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shajdinyak
by Silver Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 7:58 AM
All babies are different.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Candymonster
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 7:58 AM
1 mom liked this

._. ....if that is the case, then... ;-; awww sweet baby<3 ... but goodness I can't just hold him all the time x_x 

Quoting harpsichord:

He probably just feels safe and secure in your arms

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:02 AM
43 moms liked this
He's not spoiled. He needs you. Your breath and heart rate help him regulate his own. Your scent and arms comfort him. I promise, he's not mentally capable of being spoiled yet. Give him what he needs and both your lives will be easier.
Candymonster
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:04 AM

I can't sleep with him though D: I can't even hold him too long because he overheats WAYYY too easily and sweats. Even with a high power fan and him stripped to his diaper :( 

Quoting Anonymous:

He's not spoiled. He needs you. Your breath and heart rate help him regulate his own. Your scent and arms comfort him. I promise, he's not mentally capable of being spoiled yet. Give him what he needs and both your lives will be easier.

armybratmom612
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:04 AM
A problem a lot of the time is their dislike of the bassinet if they are not used to it. Every time I changed where my children slept they did this
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Candymonster
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:05 AM

How long till they got use to it?

Quoting armybratmom612:

A problem a lot of the time is their dislike of the bassinet if they are not used to it. Every time I changed where my children slept they did this

mommytotwonow
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:06 AM
2 moms liked this

he needs you. try wearing him (they LOVE that) maybe put him down on his belly. both of mine were belly sleepers from an early age.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:06 AM
1 mom liked this
I guess since he sweats he doesn't need you after all....
Ever think that a baby who sweats like that might ought to see a dr?

Quoting Candymonster:

I can't sleep with him though D: I can't even hold him too long because he overheats WAYYY too easily and sweats. Even with a high power fan and him stripped to his diaper :( 

Quoting Anonymous:

xomrs.chase
by Ruby Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:07 AM
Ds was like that for the first 3mo.
Dh and I took 4hr shifts. One awake with him, one asleep
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)