Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i thought babies weren't able to be spoiled...then what the f***?!

Posted by   + Show Post

My 11 week old won't sleep by himself ._. We moved recently so we haven't been able to take the crib, so he's slept in our arms till he was all the way out, then we put him in a snugrocker. Now we have his bassinet set up, so we want to try putting him in there...he won't go to sleep...the moment he gets set down, he wakes up! x_x .... what happened to all the "babies don't get spoiled." shit I heard before....ah...lol 

edit:
;) guess I confused a lot of you guys. I know already that babies don't become spoiled too early, I was just kidding about that part. Little one just seems like he's spoiled because he's clingy, but I know he's not. :P

CafeMom Tickers
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 7:56 AM
Replies (11-20):
armybratmom612
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:07 AM
Each of my four took different lengths of time. Some 10 days to two months. It could also just be the bassinet you have. Two of my four just hated the bassinet I had as did daycare infants I had. I ended up just getting a better pack n play with bassinet that had the vibration for the bassinet part. It was amazing and worth it

Quoting Candymonster:

How long till they got use to it?

Quoting armybratmom612:

A problem a lot of the time is their dislike of the bassinet if they are not used to it. Every time I changed where my children slept they did this

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Candymonster
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:08 AM

._. ... yikes...that font....

I've tried belly, he stays for maybe 10 minutes. I can't really wear him because he overheats too easily. :\ explained in a past post. 

Quoting mommytotwonow:

he needs you. try wearing him (they LOVE that) maybe put him down on his belly. both of mine were belly sleepers from an early age.

armybratmom612
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:09 AM
I hope he gets used to it soon. Try draping your arm in the bassinet with him and keep your hand near his face so he can smell and touch you it helped mine adjust
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Candymonster

We talked to them about it cause at first we thought he was getting sick from it, but they said he was fine. We thought it was the pediatrician, cause we've never heard a case like that before, so we took him to 3 more...each said the same thing :\ 

Quoting Anonymous:

I guess since he sweats he doesn't need you after all....
Ever think that a baby who sweats like that might ought to see a dr?

Quoting Candymonster:

I can't sleep with him though D: I can't even hold him too long because he overheats WAYYY too easily and sweats. Even with a high power fan and him stripped to his diaper :( 

Quoting Anonymous:

He's not spoiled. He needs you. Your breath and heart rate help him regulate his own. Your scent and arms comfort him. I promise, he's not mentally capable of being spoiled yet. Give him what he needs and both your lives will be easier.

mylovey

They can't. They do prefer things though. Babies like to be close, so if you start to sleep with them, they prefer that arrangement. 

Mommy to little Miss. Saylor, and little Mr. Finley. 

Candymonster
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:10 AM

We might actually have to try that. I usually take night shifts and he usually takes day shifts. 

Quoting xomrs.chase:

Ds was like that for the first 3mo.
Dh and I took 4hr shifts. One awake with him, one asleep

Candymonster
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:11 AM

Hm, that sounds good :) That might just be it too...Hopefully we won't have this problem when it comes to switching him to his crib.

Quoting armybratmom612:

Each of my four took different lengths of time. Some 10 days to two months. It could also just be the bassinet you have. Two of my four just hated the bassinet I had as did daycare infants I had. I ended up just getting a better pack n play with bassinet that had the vibration for the bassinet part. It was amazing and worth it

Quoting Candymonster:

How long till they got use to it?

Quoting armybratmom612:

A problem a lot of the time is their dislike of the bassinet if they are not used to it. Every time I changed where my children slept they did this

Candymonster
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:12 AM

Thanks for the advice, we'll try it :) 

Quoting armybratmom612:

I hope he gets used to it soon. Try draping your arm in the bassinet with him and keep your hand near his face so he can smell and touch you it helped mine adjust

mommytotwonow
by Platinum Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:12 AM
1 mom liked this

i like my font

good luck with your baby

Quoting Candymonster:

I've tried belly, he stays for maybe 10 minutes. I can't really wear him because he overheats too easily. :\ explained in a past post. 

Quoting mommytotwonow:

he needs you. try wearing him (they LOVE that) maybe put him down on his belly. both of mine were belly sleepers from an early age.

I'm a nursing, co-sleeping, cloth diapering, baby wearing mommy of two beautiful boys!

Candymonster
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:13 AM

It's pretty...just..hard to read 

Quoting mommytotwonow:

i like my font

good luck with your baby

Quoting Candymonster:

Quoting mommytotwonow:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)