Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i thought babies weren't able to be spoiled...then what the f***?!

Posted by   + Show Post

My 11 week old won't sleep by himself ._. We moved recently so we haven't been able to take the crib, so he's slept in our arms till he was all the way out, then we put him in a snugrocker. Now we have his bassinet set up, so we want to try putting him in there...he won't go to sleep...the moment he gets set down, he wakes up! x_x .... what happened to all the "babies don't get spoiled." shit I heard before....ah...lol 

edit:
;) guess I confused a lot of you guys. I know already that babies don't become spoiled too early, I was just kidding about that part. Little one just seems like he's spoiled because he's clingy, but I know he's not. :P

CafeMom Tickers
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 7:56 AM
Replies (21-30):
xomrs.chase
by Ruby Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:15 AM
:) good luck.

Quoting Candymonster:

We might actually have to try that. I usually take night shifts and he usually takes day shifts. 

Quoting xomrs.chase:

Ds was like that for the first 3mo.

Dh and I took 4hr shifts. One awake with him, one asleep

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:15 AM
1 mom liked this

I fail to see the problem here. I slept with all of my babies for about 2 years each. Easiest thing in the world to do, once you get used to it.  And yeah they are little heaters aren't they?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:17 AM
1 mom liked this
They aren't capable of being spoiled and 12 weeks is a huge growth spurt as well!
Get a rock and play sleeper, it helped my baby!
If you're able to hold him while he's sleeping you can wear him. They make wraps/slings that are very lightweight.
All babies sweat, they still are not able to regulate their body temperature yet and being close to mom helps that.
Candymonster
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:18 AM

I'm not a baby expert, but I'm pretty sure that it's not good for babies to be sweating enough to soak your side within a few minutes ._.; otherwise I wouldn't mind sleeping with him...you can't even hold him for more than 30 minutes without him having beads starting to run down his head. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I fail to see the problem here. I slept with all of my babies for about 2 years each. Easiest thing in the world to do, once you get used to it.  And yeah they are little heaters aren't they?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:21 AM

I know it's the color that pop's out. 

Quoting Candymonster:

It's pretty...just..hard to read 

Quoting mommytotwonow:

i like my font

good luck with your baby

Quoting Candymonster:

._. ... yikes...that font....

I've tried belly, he stays for maybe 10 minutes. I can't really wear him because he overheats too easily. :\ explained in a past post. 

Quoting mommytotwonow:

he needs you. try wearing him (they LOVE that) maybe put him down on his belly. both of mine were belly sleepers from an early age.

JBiiirdD
by Platinum Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:23 AM
This.

Quoting mommytotwonow:

he needs you. try wearing him (they LOVE that) maybe put him down on his belly. both of mine were belly sleepers from an early age.

JBiiirdD
by Platinum Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:25 AM
Hon, babies sweat. Ok? They sweat hard. I don't need my heat on 'cause she's a little furnance, soaks my clothes. But that's okay because I'm her comfort as you are for your little one. Try putting a receiving blanket on you before laying your little one on you if you're worried about the sweat.

Quoting Candymonster:

I'm not a baby expert, but I'm pretty sure that it's not good for babies to be sweating enough to soak your side within a few minutes ._.; otherwise I wouldn't mind sleeping with him...you can't even hold him for more than 30 minutes without him having beads starting to run down his head. 

Quoting Anonymous:

RHayden25
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:25 AM
Bed share!! Does wonders. Belly sleeping scares me.
celestegood
by Ruby Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I used to swaddle them at that age; that way, they go to sleep better.  Also, some babies stay asleep better when you put them on their sides. 

I think putting a blanket (a recieving blanket is ok) in the dryer to get it warm and toasty is a good thing!  You put it down, then lay your baby down on it...that way, he's not laying down on a cold surface.

Otherwise, baby wear?  Mine were all like that, and its not that they are spoiled, they need you and they feel more secure in your arms.

Have you thought of bed sharing?  It can be done safely and is good if you are nursing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:26 AM
Spoiled!!! Good luck getting him off your arms. Sorry momma, next time don't beleive everything ppl say, or what you read.
When my in-laws came, I was not a happy momma when they left. Happy they came to see the baby, but moody for a whole. Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured