Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i thought babies weren't able to be spoiled...then what the f***?!

Posted by   + Show Post

My 11 week old won't sleep by himself ._. We moved recently so we haven't been able to take the crib, so he's slept in our arms till he was all the way out, then we put him in a snugrocker. Now we have his bassinet set up, so we want to try putting him in there...he won't go to sleep...the moment he gets set down, he wakes up! x_x .... what happened to all the "babies don't get spoiled." shit I heard before....ah...lol 

edit:
;) guess I confused a lot of you guys. I know already that babies don't become spoiled too early, I was just kidding about that part. Little one just seems like he's spoiled because he's clingy, but I know he's not. :P

CafeMom Tickers
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 7:56 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:26 AM
That's exactly how my son was.... Took years and some tough love to make him sleep in his bed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:27 AM

Quoting Candymonster:

I'm not a baby expert, but I'm pretty sure that it's not good for babies to be sweating enough to soak your side within a few minutes ._.; otherwise I wouldn't mind sleeping with him...you can't even hold him for more than 30 minutes without him having beads starting to run down his head. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I fail to see the problem here. I slept with all of my babies for about 2 years each. Easiest thing in the world to do, once you get used to it.  And yeah they are little heaters aren't they?

Then find another ped. Because that is NOT normal. How the hell do you feed him then-doesn't he get sweaty during that?

HouseMa
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:27 AM
You weren't able to "take' the crib? Did you move into a dog house or something?
Candymonster
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:29 AM

He sits in his snugrocker and takes his bottle. Otherwise, we have to sit in front of the giant fan in our living room while he's naked and feed/burp him, make him sleep. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Candymonster:

I'm not a baby expert, but I'm pretty sure that it's not good for babies to be sweating enough to soak your side within a few minutes ._.; otherwise I wouldn't mind sleeping with him...you can't even hold him for more than 30 minutes without him having beads starting to run down his head. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I fail to see the problem here. I slept with all of my babies for about 2 years each. Easiest thing in the world to do, once you get used to it.  And yeah they are little heaters aren't they?

Then find another ped. Because that is NOT normal. How the hell do you feed him then-doesn't he get sweaty during that?

Candymonster
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:30 AM

You bet babe. ;)

Quoting HouseMa:

You weren't able to "take' the crib? Did you move into a dog house or something?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:31 AM
My daughter (11 months old) was the same exact way, with the whole getting really sweaty easily. And we co-sleep. I just put her in her diaper and cover her with the top sheet.

And I still wear her a lot! I got a ergo baby front pack and it has been a life saver!!
Rhodin
by Gold Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:39 AM

Have you considered those bandanas with the cooling gel hidden in them for his heating problem?  I wouldn't have him wear it, maybe just stick it in his onesie.  You could actually wear it, of course.

Candymonster
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:39 AM

o.o never thought about that actually...that sounds pretty good, thanks :)

Quoting Rhodin:

Have you considered those bandanas with the cooling gel hidden in them for his heating problem?  I wouldn't have him wear it, maybe just stick it in his onesie.  You could actually wear it, of course.

livelaughlov26
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:41 AM
I think its a comfort thing. My son was the same way. I chose holding over screaming lol. But hopefully your son won't be as attached as mine. Actually to be honest miss it. He is fifteen months and independent now. :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Babies come from a nice warm womb where they hear your heartbeat for months. Then they're born and expect them to sleep in a crib by themselves. He's not spoiled. He just wants what he knows and that's you. This stage goes by very fast. Enjoy it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN