Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i thought babies weren't able to be spoiled...then what the f***?!

Posted by   + Show Post

My 11 week old won't sleep by himself ._. We moved recently so we haven't been able to take the crib, so he's slept in our arms till he was all the way out, then we put him in a snugrocker. Now we have his bassinet set up, so we want to try putting him in there...he won't go to sleep...the moment he gets set down, he wakes up! x_x .... what happened to all the "babies don't get spoiled." shit I heard before....ah...lol 

edit:
;) guess I confused a lot of you guys. I know already that babies don't become spoiled too early, I was just kidding about that part. Little one just seems like he's spoiled because he's clingy, but I know he's not. :P

CafeMom Tickers
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 7:56 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this
My son was the same way. I wouldn't call it spoiled but some babies love being held. If you breast feed and the baby falls asleep during feedings it may just be in the habit of sleeping in your arms/on your chest.
Quatrekins
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Awww, your baby isn't spoiled. He's just a little baby. Try swaddling him tight in a very light cotton blanket and a diaper. My DS sweats like a pig whenever he is sleeping, but his body temp never got astronomical or anything.

cherrywaves21
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:49 AM
Huh. These post have been popping up way to often. Your excuses are hilarious and pathetic. I'm calling troll.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CABZS
by Emerald Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:51 AM
Mine hated to be worn so not all love it.

Op my DD was like that, eventually we learned she would sleep in her swing. Do you have one?

Quoting mommytotwonow:

he needs you. try wearing him (they LOVE that) maybe put him down on his belly. both of mine were belly sleepers from an early age.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommabear775
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:53 AM

you cant spoil him. my son is the same way. hes 4 months now. its OK THAT HE SWEATS! my son used to sweat like crazy at that age, he runs hot. its ok :) sweat is meant to cool the body down, he isnt overheating. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:54 AM
I would say see a Dr about this.

If it is that bad his body isn't regulating his body temp for some reason.

Quoting Candymonster:

He sits in his snugrocker and takes his bottle. Otherwise, we have to sit in front of the giant fan in our living room while he's naked and feed/burp him, make him sleep. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Candymonster:

I'm not a baby expert, but I'm pretty sure that it's not good for babies to be sweating enough to soak your side within a few minutes ._.; otherwise I wouldn't mind sleeping with him...you can't even hold him for more than 30 minutes without him having beads starting to run down his head. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I fail to see the problem here. I slept with all of my babies for about 2 years each. Easiest thing in the world to do, once you get used to it.  And yeah they are little heaters aren't they?

Then find another ped. Because that is NOT normal. How the hell do you feed him then-doesn't he get sweaty during that?

brittany208
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:59 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm really shocked that no one mentioned this... but you aren't supposed to wait until the baby is all the way asleep  before putting them down. you are supposed to get them ALMOST to sleep, then let them fall asleep on their own where they need to sleep. the movement of laying them backwards in the crib sets off a startle response that wakes them up. but if baby is used to going to bed nearly asleep, he will get used to falling asleep in bed, and will be able to do that much better when he wakes up in the middle of the night. i always did this with my son (and snuck into his room to take the paci away as soon as he fell asleep) and he's always been a great sleeper.

bri2011
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:00 AM
The older baby gets the easier it'll be to get him to sleep on his own. Do u have a swing or bouncer? All my newborns have lived either in our arms, a swing or bouncer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this

They dont. a lot of babies sleep better in rockers, its snug and reminds them on when they where in mom. My son slept in a boppy lounger for the first 4 months, he hated being swaddled but enjoyed the cradled feeling.

Candymonster
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:21 AM

._. lmao. you're hilarious my love, i lol with your replies. 

Quoting cherrywaves21:

Huh. These post have been popping up way to often. Your excuses are hilarious and pathetic. I'm calling troll.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)