Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question for those who are married.

Posted by   + Show Post
JUST FOR THOSE WHO ARE MARRIED!!!!!

Do you use birth control? If so how many forms (list them if you dont mind)? Have you had an "oops baby"?

Additional questions if you don't mind.

How important is using birth control to you? Why?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:31 AM
Replies (11-20):
MountieMama
by Gold Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:38 AM
I stopped birth control prior to our wedding. We ttc for 9 months. Then I was pregnant. And then I got mirena ASAP!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:38 AM
Yes. Pill. We have a 6 month old, bit ready for another one yet.
The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I haven't used any birth control since 2.5 years before we had DD. Before that I had been on the pill for about 5 years. I stopped taking them because we started TTC. I'm not too worried about it now because we want to start trying again soon. Being responsible and using BC is very important. Yeah, I don't use any now but that is because we want another kid. But during the times we definitely did NOT want a baby...the first year of DD's life...I was on Depo for a bit and other than that we used condoms or pull out method. When we were younger I was always on the pill and we used another form of BC if I accidentally skipped one. I have never had an accidental pregnancy or even a pregnancy scare.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:38 AM
We don't use anything. I was involuntarily sterilized. Both of my fallopian tubes are blocked with scar tissue.
shymomof4
by Kristyn on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:39 AM
I got my tubes tied in 2005. This was done immediately after I gave birth to my unplanned daughter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MountieMama
by Gold Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:40 AM
And no oops baby. And birth control is VERY important to us. I want to be ready for a baby if it's coming. Mentally, physically, emotionally.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
New.OrleansLady
by Platinum Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:40 AM
I have t used BC since we've been married. I actually took my nuva ring out a week after we got married ( I didn't want my period to start on honeymoon lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SammiBaby
by Gold Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:40 AM
I have the Mirena IUD. We are currently looking into vasectomy information. Birth control is extremely important because we do NOT want anymore children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CLEKate
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Yes I use birth control.  Used NuvaRing before have 2 boys in 2 years.  Boy #2 was kinda an oops baby---he wasn't planned but we knew the risk of having unprotected sex...he was the result.  I have had Mirena since 8 weeks post-partum with my 2nd.  Birth control is vital to my life right now.  Neither my husband or I could handle any more kids (emotially, physically or finacially.)  Post-partum anxiety & depresssion was worse after my 2nd---lasted a full year.  The thought of doing that again scares the sh*t out of me--I am afraid I would hurt myself or the baby (yes, it's that bad at times.)

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:41 AM
We use 3 firms, pill, condoms, and spermicide. The likelyhokd of me getting preggers again is like one in a billion lol. That's good because emotionally, we can only handle one.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured