Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Question for those who are married.

Posted by   + Show Post
JUST FOR THOSE WHO ARE MARRIED!!!!!

Do you use birth control? If so how many forms (list them if you dont mind)? Have you had an "oops baby"?

Additional questions if you don't mind.

How important is using birth control to you? Why?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:31 AM
Replies (21-30):
Yogamom08
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:41 AM
We have been married for almost a year. I was initially on the pill when we got together, and that was the only form of birth control (no condoms, no pull out). In May, I stopped taking my pill, and a month later we started trying to conceive. I am now 4 months pregnant so we clearly don't need a birth control method at the moment. After this baby, I am not going back on the pill or using any type of hormonal bc or IUD. For personal reasons. Assuming I go back to my awesomely predictable 28 day cycle, we will be just fine with a combination of natural family planning, pull out, and condoms (for fertile days). My husband is fine with this. We don't plan on another child, but we agree we are fine if it happens by accident with that method.
aimhawk
by Gold Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:42 AM

I have the Implanon. With our DD we used no proctection, she wasn't planned or prevented. With DS no protection, but he was a complete surprise because we had been told we would have no more children naturally.

Its important to us right now, because neither one of us want another child. Our DS is only 9 months and we really aren't sure if we want a 3rd, ever.

mhaney03
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this

when I was married...

I was on the ring when baby #2 was made but he was also a deployment baby.. I've heard that military super sperm can defeat ANY birth control LOL

Right now I have to be on BC for reasons other than controlling birth so yeah, it's pretty important.

curlycupcake
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:42 AM
DH has had a vasectomy. Our first was an oops. BC is VERY important to us. I'm done breeding!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:42 AM
DH had a vesactomy, we were done.

None of the woman in my family can use (actual pill) birth control without turning into evil biotches. Lol, I used it for a year or so and it was not good. Haha
ladyraven16
by Gold Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:42 AM
When I was married to my ex I had an Iud. Our son together was a pill baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
livelaughlov26
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:43 AM

I am married and i am on the pill. I am also breastfeeding and don't get my periods, but i don't trust that. Birth control is important to me because we don't want any more kids and especially not right now.

Simple-Beauty
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:43 AM
I used the Nuva Ring and various BC pills over the last 9 years, but hubby recently got a vasectomy, so I'm off birth control now.

Our son wasn't entirely planned, but that was when I was switching between pills and ring and hubby didn't pull out (we were going to TTC that fall anyway, so it wasn't a huge deal that it happened 5 months early, other than the fact that we had 2 April babies, and we kinda wanted to avoid that).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brightonsmom12
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:45 AM
I use the Implanon. I have problems with condoms, which we used until we found that out. We are looking for spermicidal lube, but we have not had any luck.

Our ds was a happy Opps baby from before I got the Implanon. I had tried to tell my doc that the birth control wasn't right. The main reason I got it was to help my monthly. And it didn't do what they said it would so how could it work for prevention? Well they told me that it still worked properly and I foolishly believed them. Well I continued taking it religiously at 8:30 pm every day along with condoms. Well one day it broke, and about two weeks later I tested and it was positive. At first I was worried but then I got really happy and I wouldn't change anything that happened.

It is very important to us right now. Because financially we are not in a place that we can have and support another child. Plus we are wanting to wait until ds is about three or four until we ttc.
HoneyPlum
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:45 AM
We use condoms because I can't use hormonal birth control. Once we're finished having kids, DH is going to have a vasectomy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)