Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Question for those who are married.

Posted by   + Show Post
JUST FOR THOSE WHO ARE MARRIED!!!!!

Do you use birth control? If so how many forms (list them if you dont mind)? Have you had an "oops baby"?

Additional questions if you don't mind.

How important is using birth control to you? Why?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:31 AM
Replies (31-40):
bec94
by Gold Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:45 AM
We don't use birth control. I'm very aware of my cycles. Been off bc 8 years and have only gotten pregnant the 2 times we wanted to.
Brittanyk3
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:46 AM
i have been on and off bc...the pill and the nuva ring. before it wasnt really a big deal if we got pregnant but now i do not want anymore kids. we just got to a new base so im trying to get my tubes tied asap.
bcoll
by Brandi on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this

We use Natural Family Planning.

Our first pregnancy was a surprise (Before we were married or using this method) Subsequent pregnancies were planned.

It's not at this point, but it has at times been a "not right now" moment. NFP works for us. And if it failed that would be fine too.

Leobaby2007
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:46 AM
Birth control pills. No oops baby. In 20 years of using the pill, one planned pregnancy (of course I had gone off it to get PG).

Ir's very imoirtant to me because we only want one child and are thinking about having my husband do something more permanent.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:46 AM
My tubes are tied. My first and second were oops babies, used a condom with first, was on the pill with second. Dd three was sort of an oops. Shortly after dd 2 was born I was supposed to get hysterectomy. 4 different drs told us we couldn't conceive. So we weren't using anything. But we were wanting another at the time of finding out I was pregnant.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:47 AM
I used the pill. Ds was a surprise. But that is what happens when you go 70 days no water and you celebrate the day you get it back. Ds is now 2 1/2. When he was 5 months old I had what was left of my left ovary out. So I now have no overies left. So no more kids for us. We may not of thought we where ready for ds but he is by far unloved.
Bethie_perez
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:47 AM
Birth control is very important to us because we have a six week old and don't want another until she's out of diapers I am on the pill and for now we use condoms as well
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:47 AM
Right now, we use the anal method..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:47 AM
My dh doesn't want anymore babies but we don't use birth control. Just the pull out method.. I want another baby so I don't say anything. It has really put a damper on our sex life. He has talked about getting snipped.
cmabbott
by Silver Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:48 AM

We did not use birth control, none of my children are "oops" babies- We've held the mentality as when it happens it happens and not obsessing over TTC.  In May, my DH had surgery to remove varicoceles and had a vasectomy done at the same time. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)