Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Question for those who are married.

Posted by   + Show Post
JUST FOR THOSE WHO ARE MARRIED!!!!!

Do you use birth control? If so how many forms (list them if you dont mind)? Have you had an "oops baby"?

Additional questions if you don't mind.

How important is using birth control to you? Why?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:31 AM
Replies (41-50):
natalias925
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:48 AM
I have a 9 year old broken condom
A 3 year old Nuva Ring baby
Twins that are 18 months from not usin birth control
I will not use an IUD as they do not prevent the sperm from meeting the egg and simply prevent the embrio from implanting and to me that too close to an abortion every month or so :(
(Besides the hormone IUD's that sometimes do prevent the sperm/egg but not always)
I'm currently in a predicament as hormonal birth control really eff's with my body but cheese and rice I do not need any more kids!!!
My husband is thinking about vasectomy so I don't have to get my tubes tied.
For now I don't have to worry, he is deplyed and my uterus is safe :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:48 AM
We use the pull and pray. The only times we have got pregnant is when we were trying to conceive. We have been married for 8.5 years, together for 9 years and that's all we ever have really used. I was on Mirena for 1 year after baby #3(removed it to TTC baby #4) but I hated the hormones. Been using pull and pray again for 19 months with no problem. We do plan to have 1 more baby so we don't really stress about it "accidentally" happening. When we are done having kids we will find a real birth control to not chance it like we do now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:48 AM
We have been married 17 years. We used the pill when we first got married. Then stopped to have our first. We used the mini pill between 1-3. Then I started having issues with the pill. Excess bleeding and mood swings from hell. So we started using NFP. We have had no unplanned prengnancies. We have talked about DH getting a vasectomy, but I'll be 40 in May and figure at this point we will hang out for menopause.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OxbAbIebxO
by Silver Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this
No. I haven't been on birth control since before I met my husband. I always seem to be the one who gets those "rare but serious side effects" lol. We were not trying but not preventing when we conceived our son, so I wouldn't call him an oops baby when we weren't actively preventing. Now we do use condoms and NFP to an extent.

ETA, we do not want any more kids so we try to be smart, it's pretty important to us to have protection. Although secretly I wouldn't be devastated if I were to get pregnant again :x
Jaxsonsmama2009
by Gold Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:49 AM
I'm on the pill. We have never had an oops baby. We have a tough time getting pregnant on purpose so I doubt we ever will. It's very important to me right now to not get pregnant. I don't want another baby for at least 2 years, if at all. If we have another baby I'm getting my tubes tied during my csection. If we don't have another one hubby's gonna get snipped.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:50 AM

We used condoms before and after we got married.  We did not have an oops baby because of birth control failure.  We quit using it for a few weeks and we thought nothing happened.  We decided to use it again only it really was too late and I was already pregnant.   After our son was born we used condoms again until we decided to concieve number 2.  We went back to that until DH had a vasectomy.  Birth control was/is important to us because we didn't want to just have a bunch of kids we couldn't financially or emotionally take care of.  We decided we had our number and that our family is complete so DH had his surgery.

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:50 AM
Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry. Do you mind if I ask why?

Quoting Anonymous:

We don't use anything. I was involuntarily sterilized. Both of my fallopian tubes are blocked with scar tissue.
rnmom4lif
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:50 AM

we dont. i had to take fertility pills to get pregnant in the past because i have polycystic ovarian syndrome. we figure if we actually do manage to get pregnant without the pills it will be a welcomed miracle.... (my youngest is 4 now and that hasnt happened....thinking about taking fertility pills again and trying for another baby)

angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:51 AM

I've had my tubes tied but we use a backup protection also. When I had my ds I almost died and the doctors told me it wasn't safe to have any more.  Also i could never have an abortion myself (not judging others it's just not for me) so I don't want to put myself in that situation. 

I did get pregnant once accidentally in between my dd and ds and was considering adoption. It was really hard on my body though and I wound up miscarrying.

miss_lisa
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:51 AM
Dd wasn't planned, after having her I was on the depo shot for 3 years. I haven't been on birth control for 4 years now and haven't done anything to prevent pregnancy. I think I can no longer have kids and I don't really mind.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)