Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Track Hurricane Sandy here?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Let's keep track of the Hurricane's progress here.

Where are you? Do you expect to be hit? Have you been hit yet? How bad is it?

I hear that MA has already declared a state of emergency but the storm is still 2 days out from there. Why would they do that?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:09 AM
Replies (11-20):
little911
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:18 AM

In Maine, we are suppose to be getting high winds and rain but nothing yet, we are in a high wind alert til tuesday morning tho

beachbabies6
by Gold Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:19 AM

i havent seen a update this morning , but were i am no i dont think so , now about a couple hours up the coast like nags head and higher i think they are suposed to get much more , i just think my area lucked out, but its not over yet

Quoting Anonymous:

Really? So NC/SC isn't going to be hit bad at all? That's great news.

Quoting beachbabies6:

im on the nc / sc coast , we got some wind gust and a little rain here yesterday , thismorning heavier wind gusts no rain right now , i think its about done for me good luck to everyone else hope you all get out of it as easy as i have !

MissTuree
by Silver Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:19 AM

I'm in Maryland, the governer declared a state of emergency the other day. It's windy, cold and overcast. We're all prepared so we'll see how it goes. :/

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Was it cold before? I hear it is cold up along the Canadian border and that cold will be moving south.

Quoting MrsMommy2011:

Im in AL and it's just real cold

Cymbeline
by Gold Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:20 AM
I'm in eastern PA, close to the NJ border. So far it's just overcast but I know Sandy is nowhere near us yet.

PA has declared a state of emergency as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SevenKisses
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:20 AM

I'm in Maine visiting family right now. NH has nothing going on but here it's pretty dark and sprinkling.

beachbabies6
by Gold Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:21 AM

o , crap i thought it was almost past me , i guess thats what i get for not watching tv , i guess i should turn it on for the latest update

Quoting halleys_mommy_1:

It hadn't made landfall yet.

Quoting beachbabies6:

im on the nc / sc coast , we got some wind gust and a little rain here yesterday , thismorning heavier wind gusts no rain right now , i think its about done for me good luck to everyone else hope you all get out of it as easy as i have !

RarelyALazyDay
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:21 AM
I'm in MA....it's because we are out of our minds. We are still trying to recover from the earthquake that happened a week or so ago. Pretty sure it has traumatized us ;)
saqmdb
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:21 AM

I'm in Va Beach and I know that Va and Norfolk, declared a state of emergency.  That's what I saw on the news anyways.  Right now, it's just been raining and the wind goes back and forth between not very windy and a very, heavy wind.  I do agree, that it looks and feels like something is coming. 

Quoting egyptian_mommy:

VA has also declared a state of emergency. We're under a High Wind Warning and a Flood Watch at the moment in Northern VA. The wind kicks up every now and then and it's really overcast but that's it so far. It did get a lot colder. You can feel in the air that something is coming.

babymamadrama06
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:22 AM
Coastal NC here, we are gettin rain & wind here nothing too bad, but its not gonna hit us head on we are only getting the outter parts of the storm
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)