Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Track Hurricane Sandy here?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Let's keep track of the Hurricane's progress here.

Where are you? Do you expect to be hit? Have you been hit yet? How bad is it?

I hear that MA has already declared a state of emergency but the storm is still 2 days out from there. Why would they do that?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:09 AM
Replies (151-156):
diamondsetter
by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 6:55 AM
Pennsylvania declared a state of emergency yesterday. Here in central PA it's just raining with a little wind. It's not supposed to get bad until tonight and tomorrow. I live right in the predicted path so hopefully she takes it easy on us!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
starryeyez23
by Leighsa on Oct. 29, 2012 at 7:11 AM
I'm in central NY, about 5 hours from NYC. We are expecting 60 mph winds tonight and rain in the afternoon.
TreysensMommy
by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 7:12 AM
We are in NJ, expected the hit, got hit, and its just the wind that is really bad.

And they would declare the state of emergancy to prepare everyone most likely.
briansmommy2010
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2012 at 7:18 AM
You should honestly expect your flight to be cancelled. It will still be pretty bad on Tuesday.

Quoting Toadstoolmama:

Quoting MissTuree:

I'm in Maryland, the governer declared a state of emergency the other day. It's windy, cold and overcast. We're all prepared so we'll see how it goes. :/

I'm supposed to be flying to Boston on Tuesday. Great timing huh!?

So I am expecting delays.

Curious though, what kind of clothes should I pack. How cold is it? I'm from Louisiana so the coldest it gets here I can wear a sweatshirt and be fine.

Are we talking thermals and heavy coats??
MommyKir
by Kay on Oct. 29, 2012 at 9:01 AM

im in lancaster pa. Nothing yet but some light rain and mild wind gusts. Though schools near us did shut down today(mon.) and tues. I know they are expecting us to lose power, so i went through my fridge and got rid of all leftovers for now to avoid stinkage. haha made some homemade bread so we could at least eat pb&J if the power goes out, and some flavored breads to snack on as well (cinnamon raisen, pumpkin, bannana, and blueberry muffin bread) lets see how it goes. :-/

marinenonstop
by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 2:57 PM
A sky rise crane partially collapsed in midtown ny! The wind is fierce!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)