Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Track Hurricane Sandy here?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Let's keep track of the Hurricane's progress here.

Where are you? Do you expect to be hit? Have you been hit yet? How bad is it?

I hear that MA has already declared a state of emergency but the storm is still 2 days out from there. Why would they do that?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:09 AM
Replies (21-30):
JakesMom712
by Ruby Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:22 AM
In philly theyve asked people to evacuate already. Emergency shelters open at 2pm today
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluebunbun
by Gold Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM
I'm in nj the direct hit....should hit is late tonight...we have some good wind and crazy skys...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babymamadrama06
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:24 AM
Oh & we are also under state of emergency I think its just in case they are expecting lots of rain which will loosen soil & cause trees & power lines to fall.

Quoting babymamadrama06:

Coastal NC here, we are gettin rain & wind here nothing too bad, but its not gonna hit us head on we are only getting the outter parts of the storm
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
halleys_mommy_1
by Platinum Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:24 AM
That would be agood idea lol

Quoting beachbabies6:

o , crap i thought it was almost past me , i guess thats what i get for not watching tv , i guess i should turn it on for the latest update

Quoting halleys_mommy_1:

It hadn't made landfall yet.

Quoting beachbabies6:

im on the nc / sc coast , we got some wind gust and a little rain here yesterday , thismorning heavier wind gusts no rain right now , i think its about done for me good luck to everyone else hope you all get out of it as easy as i have !

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apr1l
by Gold Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:25 AM
Thought it wasn't supposed to be until Tuesday or so

Quoting bluebunbun:

I'm in nj the direct hit....should hit is late tonight...we have some good wind and crazy skys...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Are you being serious? The Earthquake was in ME and even they didn't have any real damage. I don't recall hearing of any damage in MA. Maybe you are making a joke? If so I missed the humor.

Quoting RarelyALazyDay:

I'm in MA....it's because we are out of our minds. We are still trying to recover from the earthquake that happened a week or so ago. Pretty sure it has traumatized us ;)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:29 AM

This is the first I have heard about evacuation orders. Has Philly been hit yet? Based on replies here I'd say no, the storm isn't even close to PA yet.

Quoting JakesMom712:

In philly theyve asked people to evacuate already. Emergency shelters open at 2pm today

vwd_johnson
by Ruby Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:31 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm in mass... they're doing it because every year we have a huuuge storm that takes out most of the state and people lose power for over a week then everyone bitches they weren't prepared for it.

Now the states preparing for it per say.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LedxKashmir
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:33 AM
Im in Virginia beach. News has been showing very high tides on the coast. Some flooding in Norfolk and the peninsula. We are just on the city limits of Norfolk and its pretty windy here and some rain. Its definitely cooler. Not too bad where we are, yet.
LedxKashmir
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:34 AM
Oh and about 1300 customers around here have lost power.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)