Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Track Hurricane Sandy here?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Let's keep track of the Hurricane's progress here.

Where are you? Do you expect to be hit? Have you been hit yet? How bad is it?

I hear that MA has already declared a state of emergency but the storm is still 2 days out from there. Why would they do that?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:09 AM
Replies (41-50):
BeAmour
by Tonya on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:43 AM

We got her Friday and Saturday. She's a big nobody.

cyork2
by Gold Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:44 AM
how cold is it there? i heard out in the mountains you all could possibly get snow. not sure how true that is.

Front Royal is my old stompin grounds when i was younger, lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm in front royal. Talk here is very conflicting on what we should expect. We are in the red zone and wind is picking up but no rain yet. The sky is dark and the air feels so strange! I didn't know VA declared a state of emergency. Do you know what we are to expect?

Quoting egyptian_mommy:

VA has also declared a state of emergency. We're under a High Wind Warning and a Flood Watch at the moment in Northern VA. The wind kicks up every now and then and it's really overcast but that's it so far. It did get a lot colder. You can feel in the air that something is coming.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sondi7
by Platinum Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:44 AM

I'm in Hampton roads- just rain and light wind here. The news said it is supposed to come in tonight/ Monday around 0200. Most schools are already closed for Monday.

Quoting saqmdb:

I'm in Va Beach and I know that Va and Norfolk, declared a state of emergency.  That's what I saw on the news anyways.  Right now, it's just been raining and the wind goes back and forth between not very windy and a very, heavy wind.  I do agree, that it looks and feels like something is coming. 

Quoting egyptian_mommy:

VA has also declared a state of emergency. We're under a High Wind Warning and a Flood Watch at the moment in Northern VA. The wind kicks up every now and then and it's really overcast but that's it so far. It did get a lot colder. You can feel in the air that something is coming.

KimberlyDoll
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:46 AM
I'm in NC. We've had wind and rain since yesterday. The rain is supposed to clear out through the day but we'll have wind for awhile
egyptian_mommy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:48 AM
Lots of rain and high winds mostly from what I've heard. But you're farther west so I'm not really sure about your area.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm in front royal. Talk here is very conflicting on what we should expect. We are in the red zone and wind is picking up but no rain yet. The sky is dark and the air feels so strange! I didn't know VA declared a state of emergency. Do you know what we are to expect?

Quoting egyptian_mommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
egyptian_mommy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:49 AM
Yeah. It's kind of eerie. The birds are fleeing the area even.

Quoting saqmdb:

I'm in Va Beach and I know that Va and Norfolk, declared a state of emergency.  That's what I saw on the news anyways.  Right now, it's just been raining and the wind goes back and forth between not very windy and a very, heavy wind.  I do agree, that it looks and feels like something is coming. 

Quoting egyptian_mommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Where are you? 

Quoting BeAmour:

We got her Friday and Saturday. She's a big nobody.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:51 AM

That is a very telling sign.

Quoting egyptian_mommy:

Yeah. It's kind of eerie. The birds are fleeing the area even.

Quoting saqmdb:

Quoting egyptian_mommy:

vwd_johnson
by Ruby Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:51 AM
I'm in central Mass.. yeah for the last 4years in a row we've lost power .. last year I lost it for 5 days. The year before I was lucky and only lost it for like 2 days.

Ever since the Ice Storm we had here in like 2008??? Possibly the states been ridiculous about trying to prepare people because the Icestorm did serrrrious damage and people were outta power for like a month!

It is 100% time the powerlines were underground. After the icestorm, they really should of learned.

Quoting Anonymous:

MA loses power for over a week EVERY YEAR? Maybe it's time to move the power lines underground. What part of MA is this happening in?

Quoting vwd_johnson:

I'm in mass... they're doing it because every year we have a huuuge storm that takes out most of the state and people lose power for over a week then everyone bitches they weren't prepared for it.

Now the states preparing for it per say.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nramey
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:53 AM
I heard rumor of snow too. It's only supposed to be a high of 56 today and in the 40s Monday tues and Wed. Lol. I am lucky enough that I have a fireplace and wood stove. I'm a little co.cerned about power outages and sending my kids to school. Isn't it beautiful here! Lol.

Quoting cyork2:

how cold is it there? i heard out in the mountains you all could possibly get snow. not sure how true that is.

Front Royal is my old stompin grounds when i was younger, lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting egyptian_mommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN