Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you have a homebirth?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Why or why not?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 28, 2012 at 4:46 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 28, 2012 at 4:56 PM

I'm pregnant with my first and she will be born at home.  :)   I was just wondering what other women do, I believe either way is wonderful, whatever mama feels comfortable with she should do. 

TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 4:56 PM
3 moms liked this

Why, yes I would, and did, quite successfully, once with baby in the 10 pound range.  Midwives know what to do.  The immediate response is not to rush to surgery, as with highly medicalized birth.  I think highly medicalized birth is very dangerous and should only be attempted by truly high risk women.  I have little patience for hospital infections either. 

I began bleeding with last baby and midwife simply gave me cayenne pepper pills, saying that I would stop bleeding immediately.  I did.  A doctor friend of ours said she knew far more having birthed 700 babies than he would ever know.

TrouserMouse
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 4:57 PM

I am planning this birth to be a homebirth.  My last one was supposed to be a UC, but I chickened out at the last minute because my husband was causing me too much anxiety.  I was only at the hospital 17 minutes when he was born and have always regretted transferring.  He would have been fine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 28, 2012 at 4:57 PM
Nope. I think its to dangerous for mom and baby. I dont think home birth should be allowed unless you cant make it to a hospital in time. I wouldnt cause i couldnt do it. I had problems in both my labors and i had my youngest by c-section.
othermom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 5:01 PM

No I wouldn't unless necessary

luvmymunchkins3
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 5:01 PM
nope all my kids were born in the hospital i would be to scared something bad would happen
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vetNmommy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 5:03 PM

No because I would die if I waited that long. I get very sick (pre e and hellp syndrome) Now, if it were to ever come down to it and I had to, well the baby gotta come out one way or another. 

dilateyourmind
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope. between heart rate drops, nuchel cords and other things that could go wrong, I prefer the hospital. That.... but it is a natural part of life, doesn't fly with me. I have seen to many headstones in cemeteries from the late 1800's say, born and died on the same day, on the headstones. 

Poisonous berries are natural. Doesn't mean they are good for you.

Aslen
by Ruby Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 5:08 PM
In a heartbeat! Esp. For the lower risk of infection.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
starbuckmom03
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 5:08 PM
1 mom liked this

If I could, I would!  I have to have c/sections and hate them.  I would love to experience a home birth.

Home births have been happening for thousands of years.  We have come a long way with saving babies and mothers.  A midwife is there to help and prevent things from happening.  Have a hands off birth is the best for both mom and baby.  You can have a hands off birth at a hospital but you really have to fight for it.  Not many docs out there have experienced a natural birth and have no clue what to do.  You don't have to do anything really!  Let the moms body work like its supposed to.  Listen to the mom.  Just catch the baby when its born.  Let the mom and baby do the rest.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)