Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you have a homebirth?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Why or why not?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 28, 2012 at 4:46 PM
Replies (551-556):
ab51304
by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 6:20 PM
Yep, have done so with all three of my children and will continue to do so.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2012 at 6:34 PM
I wasnt high risk with either of my kids.

Quoting Cbreland07:

And that's fine, some women are you high risk but most midwives wouldn't take you if you were high risk. But to say it shouldn't be allowed because a small amount of women are actually high risk is just ridiculous. Statistically midwives beat hospitals every time. Our bodies were made to do this so it makes sense that you would cause more problems when you don't allow the body to do was it was made to do naturally. We are fighting in my state to keep midwifery legal because of this misconception

Quoting Anonymous:

I was only 3cm when i had my c-section. My son has breathing problems when he came out. I had problems in both my labors so i feel safer in the hospital. I also need and epi cause i cant handle the pain well so a home birth isnt a choice for me. Some doctors dont know what they are talking about.

Quoting Cbreland07:

That's why I had a section with my oldest because her heart rate dropped but it dropped because she was coming out. I don't trust drs any more, they told me after my second that I would never be able to carry another baby. Well not only did I but I birthed him at home and he had shoulder distocia (spelling?). My midwife was amazing and I can have another baby now when drs told me if I managed to carry a baby they would have to section me and take my uterus because it wouldn't have healed properly from all the adhesions. It's not as dangerous as ppl think.. My midwife had oxygen and everything needed to keep a baby alive till an ambulance got there. After 30 yrs of practice she's only lost 3 babies that wouldn't have survived even in the hospital. No hospital can claim those kinda numbers

Quoting Anonymous:

Because if something happens at home to mom and baby you have to get to the hospital and bring at the hospital you can get help right away. I had my oldest vaginally. I had my youngest bu c-section cause i went into labor on my own and his heart rate dropped a lot and he was in distress. I would have had him vaginally if i could have. I feel safer at the hospital to give birth. I just feel having a home birth isnt safe and women shouldnt do it because of the complacations.

Quoting Cbreland07:

Why? I find surgery to be way more dangerous then having birth the way we were made to. I had two sections. My first was a section and a vaginal birth because no one bothered to check me and they just wheeled me in there for an emergency section only to find out after cutting me open that my baby was coming out, so they just helped her on out vaginally. They had given me 3 epidurals cause they kept missing it and I could still feel the contraction but was completely dead down there.

I'm not attacking I just don't understand why ppl think its so dangerous.. I was in more danger at the hospital then I ever was at home

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope. I think its to dangerous for mom and baby. I dont think home birth should be allowed unless you cant make it to a hospital in time. I wouldnt cause i couldnt do it. I had problems in both my labors and i had my youngest by c-section.

sweetmissy_05
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2012 at 6:34 PM
No I would rather be at a hospital where it's safe.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
layawatling
by Laya on Nov. 4, 2012 at 6:36 PM

No I wouldn't...if something went wrong with my child I would be devastated if we didn't have the necessary tools to save his/her life. Also the fact that I physically cannot pass a child out of my birth canal and have to have c sections...and that would be incredibly unsafe lol

JennPearce
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2012 at 7:33 PM
I'm considered high risk for my pregnancies and while I have had smooth deliveries for my kids, I wouldn't want to chance it. Being in a hospital is best for me!
LisaD719
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 3:43 PM

I had my first 4 in the hospital because I never wanted to deliver at home. My fifth had other plans. He came so fast we didn't have time to try getting to the hospital. I delivered at home and loved it. It was the most peaceful time. No bright lights and no frantic activity from the nurses and doctor. If I wanted another baby I'd deliver at home again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)