Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

it's just plain tacky and a little rude!

Posted by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:51 PM
  • 325 Replies
1 mom liked this

am i the only person who gets really irritated when i see people show up funerals or weddings in jeans? i get that not everyone owns or is comfortable in a nice dress or suit, but you dont own a single pair of khakis? 

or when people wear black to weddings. i was at a wedding last night and amazed at the amount of black that was there. I was freaking out because i thought about wearing an ivory colored dress that was covered with embroidered red roses and tan vines. in the end decided not to because i was so worried it would be inappropriate! i ended up wearing a dark brown dress with small cream and pink polka dots and a pink ribbon around the waist. 

or when i am out trick or treating with my kid's and there is some mom walking around with her kids "dressed up" in next to nothing or basic lingerie?

okay, rant done. lol. none of it ever bothers me enough to say anything to anyone or anything. just for a moment i cant help but to think, "wow. that is tacky." and then i move on with my life. 

what about you? care to confess anything that irritates you?

Proud mom of an ornery 3 year old boy, a very smart 6 year old girl! Married for 4.5 years, together for 7! Fun loving, open-minded, eco-friendly, creative,friendly, different strokes work for different folks, lady! I stay at home, work at home, love it all!

by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MyLittlePwny
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:53 PM
17 moms liked this
I wore a black maternity dress to my brothers wedding last month. It was a formal dress and there was nothing wrong with it. Black is considered formal.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:54 PM
6 moms liked this

People who complain about what others do with their children (child rearing)

mom2priceboys
by Gold Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Now, I thought it was appropriate to wear black to a nighttime wedding.....also, I used to dress up with my kids at halloween and yes, get some candy but....it ws not in lingerie!!

The wedding faux paus that I know of is you don't wear red??

lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't care what they wear.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cherrywaves21
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:55 PM
Jeans in my area are normal at funerals. Black is formal. It doesn't bother me because chances are the slutty ass dressed single women he's seen in the store have worn less.
alwayskk

I'm not a fan of black at weddings but it also depends on the wedding.

mcclainprincess
14 moms liked this
I don't think the dead person cares about what people are wearing and the people getting married can only think about one another.. Soooo... As for the half naked moms out truck or treating. Well I just hope they freeze their cooch off..
Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:57 PM
6 moms liked this

I am in Texas. Often, funerals are jean affairs.  Not always, but often.

Des10ed2b
by Gold Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Quoting mom2priceboys:

Now, I thought it was appropriate to wear black to a nighttime wedding.....also, I used to dress up with my kids at halloween and yes, get some candy but....it ws not in lingerie!!

The wedding faux paus that I know of is you don't wear red??

exactly! i always dress up with my kids. but i have a mommy costume i wear out with my kids and an adult version if we are going somewhere solo or just for the hubs solo. last year i was out walking with my kids and there was a woman dressed as a fairy of some sort. i swear that the costume HAD to have been meant for a teenager and this woman was VERY over weight on top of it. nothing on under it, just the flimsy , thin costume and velcro to hold it closed and thigh high panty hose. i would be embarrassed for my kids to be out dressed like that or have my kids go through a photo album and see that. 

Proud mom of an ornery 3 year old boy, a very smart 6 year old girl! Married for 4.5 years, together for 7! Fun loving, open-minded, eco-friendly, creative,friendly, different strokes work for different folks, lady! I stay at home, work at home, love it all!

mich.el.le
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:00 PM
9 moms liked this

I wear black to weddings. I think the no black rule is a little out dated.

The woman in the avi pic is not me, she is my inspiration.  I am a wife, a mother, and an aspiring trainer and nutritionist. I love seeing people get fit and healthy to lead the lives they are meant to live.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN