Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So freaking irritating!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies

I make $100 a week for babysitting and my husband of course brings home the bread. My problem is every time I get paid, that money always goes in his pocket. And it irritates me because that is the only money that comes in this house that I have control over. My husband is soooooooooo irresponsible with money. If he was better with money and didn't buy such stupid and useless stuff then I wouldn't care. Before he gets paid we plan what's going to be done with the money, ya know, what goes towards bills and gas and etc. And whatevers left we plan to save. But every time payday comes around he just won't save anything. He finds all kinds of ways to spend it. Like he went and spent 200 on system for his car. And I had no say so in it. I didn't find out til he came home with it. Of course I was mad. I told him that I didn't understand why he felt the need to spend money just because he has it in his pocket. Now I'm all up for treating yourself. I understand he works hard for his money and deserves that. But he never tells me he spends it, I never find out til we are freaking negative in the bank or all the money from babysitting is spent. And I'm just left wondering HOW?? I had 3 dollars left out of the 100. And I was gonna take that little bit and put it to the side because it does add up afterwards. And he straight up lied to me. He told me 3 dollars was left after he used it, well I went to go get it today and he said it was in his pants. So I look, and nothing. So I ask him where is it at, because I wanted to put it up for saving. And then he tells me he spent it. You spent it fine, whatever, but don't lie to me about it. We are always in trouble with our bills and stuff because of this. And if I ever speak up, it causes a fight. We would be living so comfortably if we weren't always late on our bills and spending so much unnecessary money on late fees and if he could just cut back on buying things. Ughh..

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:19 PM
2 moms liked this

Stop giving him the money.

kaffedrikke
by Gold Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:22 PM
2 moms liked this
Marriage is a team but he is being a dummy. Keep hold of it for.savings and ler him get upset. Lovingly tell him.when he shows he has better financial.control, you will.share.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:22 PM

I don't he always goes in my wallet or pants or whatever it's at and gets it. That's another thing that makes me mad. And he never tells me when he gets it. I just feel like he's being sneaky about it, and I don't like that

Quoting AllofFive19:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:23 PM

My DH was like this. Finally I had a talk with him and what we agreed to is that he would give up his debit card. And he would get an allowance after I took money for bills, food, savings, and other essentials. I figured out what I would need each month and then we came up with an amount that he could have for his allowance. I also put it all on paper so that he could see where the money would be going. It sucks because he is an adult and it shouldnt have to be this way. But some people are just not good with money.

AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Bite his fingers off... or stick a loaded mouse trap in your pants.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't he always goes in my wallet or pants or whatever it's at and gets it. That's another thing that makes me mad. And he never tells me when he gets it. I just feel like he's being sneaky about it, and I don't like that

Quoting AllofFive19:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:24 PM

I like it lol

Quoting AllofFive19:

Bite his fingers off... or stick a loaded mouse trap in your pants.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AllofFive19:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Time for a hiding place. May I suggest a ziploc bag on the back if the washer affixed with a strong magnet. And if he asks for it tell him no.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AllofFive19:

marie2409
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:25 PM
So you are married to a jackass thief. Nice. Talk to him?? Even if it causes a fight. He needs to be better with money and stop stealing from you!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Your right, it does suck!! I just feel like I have to tell him how to do EVERYTHING...it's like I married a damn child. I know my part for this family, and no one tells me how or when to do it, I just do it. Why doesn't he understand he's the man, he supports his family finiancial and is suppose to be responsible about it!!  It's not that hard. When he was deployed, it was so nice, because I controlled the money that was given to me, and the bills were never late or anything and I still had enough to treat me and the kids from time to time. It was nice to not have that stress. But I may have to do what you do. Sounds like a good idea.

Quoting Anonymous:

My DH was like this. Finally I had a talk with him and what we agreed to is that he would give up his debit card. And he would get an allowance after I took money for bills, food, savings, and other essentials. I figured out what I would need each month and then we came up with an amount that he could have for his allowance. I also put it all on paper so that he could see where the money would be going. It sucks because he is an adult and it shouldnt have to be this way. But some people are just not good with money.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Oh, good idea!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Time for a hiding place. May I suggest a ziploc bag on the back if the washer affixed with a strong magnet. And if he asks for it tell him no.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AllofFive19:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)