Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Possible 2 feet of snow

Posted by   + Show Post
I'm not ready for this! I can't drive in that stuff. I just can't handle this weather.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 2:23 AM
Replies (61-69):
The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2012 at 7:51 AM

Ah. I checked the forecast for where we live (Loiusville) and it's predicting clear skies for 10 days. Must be skipping ove rus.

Quoting Clei420:

I have pregnancy related insomnia so I was reading random news articles and saw it. I watched the news and its the mountainous areas that will get feet of snow. We'll probably get inches where I live and probably freezing rain

Quoting The_Doodle:

Ahhh! I live in KY too! I need to pay more attention to the weather forecasts. But I love snow so...

Quoting Clei420:

Kentucky

thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Oct. 29, 2012 at 7:54 AM

Quoting Clei420:

Kentucky

I understand. I'm at Fort Campbell and everyone is kinda bummed we arent getting any, but 2 feet is nothing.

I'm FROM Philadelphia (and I hope all my friends and family heed the evacuation warnings) and lived up in the Poconos for years... 2 feet is NOTHING *IF* theres the equipment to do it.

Down here the city I think has like 5-10 trucks TOTAL. The city actually pays fort campbell to come out and help clear roads and stuff.

I have a tiny little car without four wheel drive.. you'll be fine. If you HAVE to go out, drive slowly, do NOT turn hard and dont over correct. Pump your breaks (tap) do NOT slam them on, you will fish tail.

Dont turn on your high beams unless you HAVE to (its worse) and keep emergency supplies accessable from INSIDE your car (thermal blankets, candle+lighter/matches, water, protein bars, empty bucket/jar to pee in)

I was a visiting nurse and I had to go out no matter what, state of emergency? They'd send a hummer to come get me. I learned by trial and error how to be prepared.

Theres ALWAYS emergency supplies on my back seat.

Clei420
by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 7:56 AM
Yeah your weather is always different from ours. I further east than you. Thinking about moving up there. What part do you stay in?

Quoting The_Doodle:

Ah. I checked the forecast for where we live (Loiusville) and it's predicting clear skies for 10 days. Must be skipping ove rus.

Quoting Clei420:

I have pregnancy related insomnia so I was reading random news articles and saw it. I watched the news and its the mountainous areas that will get feet of snow. We'll probably get inches where I live and probably freezing rain

Quoting The_Doodle:

Ahhh! I live in KY too! I need to pay more attention to the weather forecasts. But I love snow so...

Quoting Clei420:

Kentucky

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deadlights86
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2012 at 8:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah we don't get tons of snow since we're in a valley the snow bounces of the hills and goes up north.

Quoting november117:

Cinci doesn't really. Where we arw right by the lake does. We had to be bulldozed out of our street last year. If I can find a pic I will post it. The snow was mid driver side window high. Unbelievable.

Quoting Clei420:

I actually thought about moving to Cincy a few years ago. I didn't think that area got much snow. I'm sure northen Ohio gets a ton.

Quoting november117:

Good thing you don't live in n.e. Ohio then. Lol.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dmcarpenter619
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2012 at 8:05 AM
What??? I'm in the Lexington area. I haven't heard this yet.

Quoting Clei420:

Lexington

Quoting RMB2011:

Where at in Kentucky? I'm originally from there but now I'm in ND. We've got snow now :-)

Quoting Clei420:

Kentucky

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Clei420
by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 8:09 AM
Read an article that said Ky 2 ft of snow. Watched the news its only mountainous areas that will get feet of snow

Quoting dmcarpenter619:

What??? I'm in the Lexington area. I haven't heard this yet.

Quoting Clei420:

Lexington

Quoting RMB2011:

Where at in Kentucky? I'm originally from there but now I'm in ND. We've got snow now :-)

Quoting Clei420:

Kentucky

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2012 at 8:09 AM

We stay in the Jeffersontown/Lyndon area. I moved here from SC and I love it. Close to everything but just far enough out of the way that we don't have to deal with huge amounts of traffic.

Quoting Clei420:

Yeah your weather is always different from ours. I further east than you. Thinking about moving up there. What part do you stay in?

Quoting The_Doodle:

Quoting Clei420:

Quoting The_Doodle:

Quoting Clei420:

Kentucky

Clei420
by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 8:12 AM
Oh. I love JTown its really nice and it is in a really good spot. I can't stand going downtown. I tend to stay on the outside when I go visit

Quoting The_Doodle:

We stay in the Jeffersontown/Lyndon area. I moved here from SC and I love it. Close to everything but just far enough out of the way that we don't have to deal with huge amounts of traffic.

Quoting Clei420:

Quoting The_Doodle:

Quoting Clei420:

Quoting The_Doodle:

Quoting Clei420:

Kentucky

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
samsbaby78
by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 11:33 AM

good, i am south central so we should be ok.

Quoting Clei420:

i just watched the weather report and they the mountainous counties will get the snow. We just have lots of rain coming. You know that ice cold rain that freezes you to the bones. I am so glad it's not snow.

Quoting samsbaby78:

i am in ky too. when are we supposed to get that?

Quoting Clei420:

Kentucky

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)