Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

anyone have any great home remedies?

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 6:20 AM
  • 24 Replies
I have really bad stomach issues. Im always gasy but the gas is in my upper stomach and it makes me horribly neaseous. I also get bad acid reflex. This seems to always hit me the worst at night and i cant sleep most nights. My doctor said its my diet and to drink plenty of water. I drink 75 oz of water. No soda and we eat at home with healthy meals. As i am attempting to lose weight in a healthy way. We dont eat fast food at all. I also take pepcid complete and gas x everyday as the doctor told me to do. This works sometimes. Right now im tired, its 3 am and my stomach wont shut up, it is so bloated, uneasy and neasea comes and goes . I tried to burp, to fart (lol yeah sorry... tmi i know!), chew mint gum cause it seems to be the only thing that semi helps. I cant deal with this shit anymore. I want to be normal!! Is there anything else out there that i can try to help relieve this feeling?!!
by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 6:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beachbabies6
by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 6:28 AM
1 mom liked this

no , sorry hope you feel better

justpeachy71904
by peachy on Oct. 29, 2012 at 6:40 AM
I had really bad gas when preggo. Walking always helped. But this says ginger... HM

http://www.home-remedies-for-you.com/health-tips/anti-gas-remedy.html
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
msalice_21
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2012 at 6:49 AM
I do a lot of pacing and bouncing. I drink gingerale but havent tried anything else with ginger. Does it taste bad?

Quoting justpeachy71904:

I had really bad gas when preggo. Walking always helped. But this says ginger... HM

Vipergirl22
by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 6:49 AM

Anything peppermint will cause heartburn. It is possible pepcid is not strong enough. And heartburn is always worse when you lay down because it causes acid to rise in the throat. I personally drink milk to keep my heartburn under control. It keeps my stomach feeling full without it being full of food. Ask your doc. about Ranitidine (SP) it is a stronger form of Zantac and helps with acid reflux..which by the sounds of it is what you have and normal heartburn meds. may not be strong enough or the right thing. As for the gas, the healthy foods you eat can cause that pending on what you are eating. I can't say much on that part because I do not have issues with it.

msalice_21
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2012 at 6:52 AM
Ive heard the milk is great with it but im lactose! :( lol!! I didnt know peppermint caused heartburn!!! Is it all mints or just peppermint?

Quoting Vipergirl22:

Anything peppermint will cause heartburn. It is possible pepcid is not strong enough. And heartburn is always worse when you lay down because it causes acid to rise in the throat. I personally drink milk to keep my heartburn under control. It keeps my stomach feeling full without it being full of food. Ask your doc. about Ranitidine (SP) it is a stronger form of Zantac and helps with acid reflux..which by the sounds of it is what you have and normal heartburn meds. may not be strong enough or the right thing. As for the gas, the healthy foods you eat can cause that pending on what you are eating. I can't say much on that part because I do not have issues with it.

etsmom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2012 at 6:53 AM

Are you eating a lot of dairy? Do you eat quickly?  Eat slowly and try drinking acidophilus milk or rice milk. Perhaps you need to take probiotics as well.

dee06
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2012 at 6:54 AM

I eat smarties when my stomach is upset. I don't know why but it works for me

PeaceLoveZ
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2012 at 6:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Ask your Dr for Nexium & have him give you samples as well as the scrip, it's pricey. (Double my anxiety meds & more than triple my BC) but its fantastic & def worth it!

As for Home Remedies...
Chew Gum.
Drink a glass of wine
Do you have Ginger? Gingers great for ARD
Try to sleep on your left side.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sunshine257
by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 6:55 AM
If you are going the ginger route they have a good ginger tea by yogi . Plus you can make your own ginger spice tea they have lots of recipes for it on the Internet.

Quoting msalice_21:

I do a lot of pacing and bouncing. I drink gingerale but havent tried anything else with ginger. Does it taste bad?

Quoting justpeachy71904:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 29, 2012 at 6:55 AM

If you are drinking gingerale, you are adding carbonation to your gut, adding to the bloated feel. You can take ginger capsules.

Quoting msalice_21:

Quoting justpeachy71904:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN