Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm completely selfish because of this, but I think it's okay.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

We recently moved about 5 hrs away from my MIL, we used to live about 5 mins from her. We had an opportunity to make better money and place our kids in a better community. It was kind of a blessing because MIL is a strain on my marriage. She is not good with money- ex. instead of paying her utilities, she would buy random things from the store. So she would ask us for money, but we wouldn't just give her cash but we would offer to pay her bill for the month. She would get angry at us and say "Well, I thought you just had money lying around that you can give to me". She also wasn't a very good mother and she admittedly overwhelmingly favors my SIL over my DH.

My SIL is a loser, in and out of jail and a huge drug addict. SIL has a little boy and when he was a baby my MIL asked if we would adopt him. I would have done this in a second, but they both (MIL and SIL) wanted us to foot the bill and be the stability while she (SIL) came in and out of his life as she pleases. I said 'NO' and I would raise him as mine and he would see her as much as our other kids do. SIL is not allowed in my house because she is a thief and a liar and an awful person.

Okay so here it is, my MIL has power of attorney over the little boy. SIL had ditched him with her and is living with who knows. Now my MIL tells us that she wants to move where we are. She doesn't have a job in mind or a way of getting up here and hasn't even thought of where to live. This makes me think that she is trying to weasel her way into living with us. We tried that before but SIL was constantly at our house and she even threatened me. I just feel like everything is great here. We are thriving and I love my little slice. I just don't want the drama that comes with MIL. I just don't know what to do. 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2012 at 3:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2012 at 3:56 PM

BUMP

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 29, 2012 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Tell her NO
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 29, 2012 at 3:58 PM

I think I'd feel the same way. Don't know what I'd do if I were in your situation though. I doubt my MIL could come up with the money to move anyway so that could be a blessing.

Memigen
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2012 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I would explain this honestly to my DH and allow him to deal with her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 29, 2012 at 3:58 PM
Hell no. she's on her own!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 29, 2012 at 3:58 PM

My mom tried the same thing, I sent her listings for places available to buy or rent in my area, which were all out of her price range. She got the hint the that she would not be living with me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 29, 2012 at 3:59 PM
Don't do it.
ilovemykids323
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2012 at 3:59 PM

dontlet her move in with you!!! dont! if you do i dont see it going well. thats jsut my opinion though. How doesyour DH feel about that possibility?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 29, 2012 at 4:00 PM
Idk. I would offer again to take the boy, but mil sounds like too much.
samurai_chica
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2012 at 4:00 PM

What does your husband say?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)