Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I wish people had told me.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies

What did you wish you knew before becoming a mother? Before labor? After labor?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2012 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LectioDivina
by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 9:06 PM
4 moms liked this

pooping hurts.

winkyloafer
by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 9:06 PM

YES.

Quoting LectioDivina:

pooping hurts.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2012 at 9:09 PM
I wish I would have listened when my aunt told me that the thing she missed the most was going to a movie theatre... I should have done it more while prego, I dont even like movies and I sooo just wanna go see a movie lol
jb022210
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2012 at 9:09 PM
3 moms liked this

peeing hurts as well, you can hold off poop for awhile but peeing you have to do every couple hours 

brittany208
by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Can't think of anything off the top of my head. I read pretty much EVERY baby book in the library while I was pregnant, so i felt very prepared.

Maybe that you really don't need ALL the stuff that you think you need the first time you go to register. Like a mirror you can attach in the back seat so you can see your rear facing child. We could never get it properly attached so we never used it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 4, 2012 at 9:10 PM
People told me , I just didn't believe it. I thought I had all the answers before I had kids, lol. Now I realize it all doesn't go perfectly planned
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 4, 2012 at 9:12 PM

that men can be big ass babies in an argument.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2012 at 9:12 PM
I agree. I bought sooo much crap I never used. Like the gorgeous $300 changing table I bought, I probably used it twice. Now its just storage shelves lol

Quoting brittany208:

Can't think of anything off the top of my head. I read pretty much EVERY baby book in the library while I was pregnant, so i felt very prepared.

Maybe that you really don't need ALL the stuff that you think you need the first time you go to register. Like a mirror you can attach in the back seat so you can see your rear facing child. We could never get it properly attached so we never used it.

emeraldangel2.0
by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 9:12 PM
2 moms liked this

i wish people would have told me that the doctors were going to press down on your stomach after labor. and since i had a c section, i wish people would have told me that I would want to die when they did it

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 4, 2012 at 9:13 PM
2 moms liked this
You get blood clots from laying down, that fall out when you stand up, I was freaking out, i thought one of my organs had fallen out. I was screaming
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN