Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

3 kids all 18 months apart?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 55 Replies
My fiancé and I were discussing kids and one of our sticking points is how many. He wants two and I want three. Basically it boils down to our ages. I'm 30 and he's 38 so if we space out kids out 3-4 years then we will both be pretty darn old when the youngest graduates high school.

So moms of kids close in age was it crazy? Do you wish you had spaced them out farther?

We are looking at having basically a 2 year old an 18 month old and a newborn.

And before anyone says it this isn't a fight and if after our second he says he's done then I will be ok with that.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2012 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shelbypb
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2012 at 9:44 PM
Do what you two think is best and what you think you can deal with. Good luck
CafeMom Tickers
ButterMeUp
by Butters on Nov. 4, 2012 at 9:46 PM
2 moms liked this

I only have the one. When I was younger, I did want more...as did my husband. However mentally I can only handle one. Just becuase you "want" something, doesn't mean you should have it. If you can't mentally and financially care for them at the time you want to TTC for the next, DONT. If you can (and you'll know), then do so. 

My point is, everyone is different. We have different levels of "readiness" 

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2012 at 9:48 PM
mine are age 4 dec08 age 3 jun09 age 1 jan 11
keeler_s
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2012 at 9:48 PM
My first 2 are 22 months apart and my 3rd is 14 months from my second and my 4th is 3.5 yrs apart from my 3rd
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
summerbear
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2012 at 9:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Dd2 was 8 months old when we got pregnant with ds. Ds is now 15 months old and we are 10 weeks 4 days pregnant. I love having them close together!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mali321
by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 9:48 PM

If you two think you can, no one is stopping you. I have two 18 months apart. I didn't plan either kid, but it is hard. I manage. You learn to juggle quickly.

Donna.June
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2012 at 9:51 PM
I have four kids. Ages 5.5 (jan '07), 4 (aug '08), 2.5 (jan '10), and 14 months (sept '11). It can get crazy at times, but I would not change it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Traceyssel
by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 9:51 PM

My kids are 12mo apart

spunky946
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2012 at 9:52 PM
My kids are 4 years apart.
BamaMommy2
by Angel.N.Disguise on Nov. 4, 2012 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this

My kids are 2 and 3 (almost 4). They are 17 montha apart. There's no way in hell I could handle a 3rd right now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN