Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i seriously wanted to turn this guy in

Posted by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 1:13 PM
  • 6 Replies

i took DS to the playground about a week ago and as i'm walking in a father and his friend is flirting with me as they push his son in. ok, usually it wouldn't bother me as much that someone was hitting on me at a playground but this father seemed really negligent. he seemed like he cared more about meeting girls than letting his son play. the little boy he was pushing in the stroller looked about 4-years-old wearing nothing but a t-shirt and a diaper (which seemed to be wet) no socks no shoes and was in serious need of a bath. he had dirt all over him. i felt bad he didn't have any shoes on because that playground was a filled with sharp wood chips. he didn't seem like he had any disabilities or anything but he didn't have a vocabulary. he just babbled the whole time like an infant. my 18-month-old could say more words than him. i know it's not my place to judge but i kept overhearing the father and his friend talking about how he's on probation and how he was in jail. i just don't know what to think of this guy and i feel so bad for the child. i'm going to the same playground today. should i do something if i see them again? leave an anonymous tip or just keep it to myself? maybe i'm overreacting? it just really bothers me when it seems like someone neglects their child or isn't caring for them properly

by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 1:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 5, 2012 at 1:15 PM

maybe bring a pair of kids shoes if you have on that might be the right size, or some pants.

emandab
by Gold Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Flirt back and get his name and number that way when you report him cps will have something to go on.

saral2790
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 1:19 PM

i thought about that but i was just scared it would somehow get traced back to me i don't want any trouble. i just wan't to help this poor child

Quoting emandab:

Flirt back and get his name and number that way when you report him cps will have something to go on.

amyleigh80
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Anon tip.....

saral2790
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 1:23 PM

so how exactly would i go about that call the police or go to a police station?

Quoting amyleigh80:

Anon tip.....

saral2790
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 1:29 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)