Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What do you think about a flat tax, across the board?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Fair or Not Fair?

Options:

Fair

Not Fair - explain

Other - explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 136

View Results

Say everyone had to pay 15% in taxes - off of their gross income.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 6, 2012 at 11:26 AM
Replies (71-80):
kitchen.ninja
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Fair.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 6, 2012 at 12:19 PM
That's dumb.. my 15 percent would be bigger than the average 15 percent and I would love a flat Tax!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'd be for a flat tax if everyone got paid the same wage.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Nov. 6, 2012 at 12:19 PM
I voted fair, but that's on the assumption that the minimum wage will be adjusted.
ColorMeCrazy
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Fair

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Nov. 6, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Not fair. The cost of living fluctuates from state to state as with min. wage....

so do salaries, so it evens out in the end

Momof5kids84
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm not poor. We just have 5 kids (6 next year). We get back more than what we paid in. It's sinking the country. We should pay taxes. We use and enjoy the freedoms that this country provides. People expect millionaires and big corporations to show patriotism by paying higher taxes. What us? Shouldn't we ALL show the same patriotism. Selfishness is what is killing this country.

Quoting ElitestJen:

Quoting Anonymous:

What services do I use, exactly?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

$2700 is more than I make in two months. It may not make sense to you, but to me that is a lot of money. I don't care about the millionaires - they have it to pay. I don't. A millionaire wouldn't even bat an eye at $150K. But for me, $2700 is the difference between keeping my head above water and drowning.

Quoting brittany208:

Quoting Anonymous:

Not fair. I am low income - 15% would break me. When you make 18K a year, 15% is a whole lot of money.

This makes no sense to me? 15% for you is 2700$. 15% for a millionaire is $150,000. You make less, you pay less. They make more, they pay more.

But you USE the services.  Why should you use them for less than what someone else uses them for?  This idea that the "millionaire" should pay his/her share AND yours is what so many people (myself included) find unfair. 

Defense, schools, roads, your federal congress people, ..........

Btw...the amount of taxes we paid last year took almost 3 solid months of take home pay.  Why should you be special because you're poor?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Nov. 6, 2012 at 12:21 PM
Quoting JDmommyJD:

not fair. 15% is alot and really affects low income.. 15% is nothing to a millionaire.  ex: you make 20k. 3k in taxes will really hurt you. You make 5 mil. LESS than 1 mil in taxes affects...barely.

we get tired of paying more than some make in taxes. I am tired of so called poor not paying taxes but pro fitting over it. Fine than don't pay 15% but don't you dare take a refund from the government.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 6, 2012 at 12:22 PM
The middle class carries the biggest burden right now! The poor pay zero tax.. now that is not fair! We all should pay our fair share!

Quoting Matriarch87:

It is beyond lunacy to have a flat tax across the board. 

#1 Reason why, that would DRASTICALLY lower taxes for the rich

#2 Reason why, it would DRASTICALLY increase taxes for the poor and middle class

Right now the rich and super rich pay almost all of the countries taxes....I like it that way. 

#3 Reason why, it would actually lower the amount of funds the government recieves from taxes...there would be less revenue. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Nov. 6, 2012 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Right, because the cashier at mcdonald's should get paid the same as the biologist researching a cure for cancer.

said no one ever.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Nov. 6, 2012 at 12:22 PM
I bet you would.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's dumb.. my 15 percent would be bigger than the average 15 percent and I would love a flat Tax!

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)