Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you?

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 11:53 AM
  • 40 Replies
Use condoms?

Today for the first time in my life I'm going to go buy a pack of condoms! Was on the depo provera shot from age 16-21 then got married and immediately started trying for a baby. 6 months later we conceived our amazing daughter who is now 1 month old. Yesterday was the first time we had sex post partum, and even though hubby pulled out I'm terrified somehow his precum knocked me up again lol. Def not ready for another baby, we plan to wait 4 or 5 years before trying again. I'm not on any birth control and I don't plan to be as I'm breastfeeding and don't want the baby exposed to any hormones. So condoms it is! Anyone have any suggestions as to what kind to buy? I'm totally clueless!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
armyvet06
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 12:02 PM
Trojan is good
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mom2three2012
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 12:06 PM

We always bought trojans...other than that ...they are basicaly all the same.

StrangeDays
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 12:06 PM
Try VCF (vaginal contriceptive film).. they are a small film that you insert no less than 15 minutes and no more than 3 hours before sex. They contain nonoxinol-9, a spermicide, and they disolve due to your body heat. My hubby and I used them for a while before I went back on the pill and he got snipped. Can you tell I'm not an advocate for condoms? Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmcwifey11
by Platinum Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 12:08 PM
We don't use condoms, but Trojan is good.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Trojan will be fine
We have always used condone except when we were trying .
9 years of condom use and no accidents.
Ribbed are great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
April620
by Ruby Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 12:14 PM
15 minutes before we get going is kinda hard to plan lol, with the new baby it's like we only have 15 minutes total haha. But why are you against condoms?

Quoting StrangeDays:

Try VCF (vaginal contriceptive film).. they are a small film that you insert no less than 15 minutes and no more than 3 hours before sex. They contain nonoxinol-9, a spermicide, and they disolve due to your body heat. My hubby and I used them for a while before I went back on the pill and he got snipped. Can you tell I'm not an advocate for condoms? Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pink.Sunshine
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 12:15 PM

no

turttlemom
by Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 12:20 PM

we have the same problem.. I'm breastfeeding and don't like pills, I know there are some mini pills you can use when you are breasfeeding, but I always forgot take them ... my OB told me breastfeeding is a natural birth control method, anyway I think we will be using condoms

April620
by Ruby Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 12:36 PM
I always heard you are most fertile after delivery so idk I'm super paranoid now lol

Quoting turttlemom:

we have the same problem.. I'm breastfeeding and don't like pills, I know there are some mini pills you can use when you are breasfeeding, but I always forgot take them ... my OB told me breastfeeding is a natural birth control method, anyway I think we will be using condoms

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Nov. 6, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Nope

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)