Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Use condoms?

Today for the first time in my life I'm going to go buy a pack of condoms! Was on the depo provera shot from age 16-21 then got married and immediately started trying for a baby. 6 months later we conceived our amazing daughter who is now 1 month old. Yesterday was the first time we had sex post partum, and even though hubby pulled out I'm terrified somehow his precum knocked me up again lol. Def not ready for another baby, we plan to wait 4 or 5 years before trying again. I'm not on any birth control and I don't plan to be as I'm breastfeeding and don't want the baby exposed to any hormones. So condoms it is! Anyone have any suggestions as to what kind to buy? I'm totally clueless!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 11:53 AM
Replies (21-30):
Mamabear010
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Pull out and pray, baby! Going on 3 years now.

MajorsMom8215
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 1:15 PM

ugh.. we went through this for a while... it suuuuuuuucks... we used just the basic trojan magnum .. no fancy stuff.. I was worried anything warming or sensation or whatever might burn since I was still sore/sensitive.

Ber-Lynn
by Count Me In on Nov. 6, 2012 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes we use condoms.
We like Trojan.
mrsjonzy
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 1:15 PM
Get an IUD then you don't have to worry about it they only last 5 years anyway.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 6, 2012 at 1:16 PM
you can try the mini pill or the IUD without hormones.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 6, 2012 at 1:18 PM

We use Trojan as well... they do the job.. lol..  I must say, using condoms suck, and im wondering if i should just get back on birth control... I have a almost 5 yr old DD, and removed my Mirena 2 yrs ago, bc i wanted to try for another, but we changed our minds... 

kristiansmommy1
by Platinum Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 1:19 PM
Yeah the hormone free iud lasts up to 10 years, I had it for 3 years
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kryptomom
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 1:19 PM

We have before, but dh got the big V, so no more condoms!!!

haymama
by Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 1:24 PM
We do this. We strictly use condoms, ebf alone does NOT always prevent pg.i EXCLUSIVELY and on demand breastfed and we intentionally got pg more than once. The mini pill didn't agree with my body and killed my supply, also the more we researched different bc methods the more we're against them for me but we're still young and while we feel done don't want to do anything permanent so condoms it is. We've never had an oops they've worked great for us
haymama
by Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 1:25 PM
Oh and brand doesn't matter to us but my body doesN't like the warm sensation types but i know some people love it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured