Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It wasn't love, it was luck!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
My husband and I married after 5 weeks of knowing each other and while in highschool. I am not even sure I loved him at the time and couldn't tell you what we were thinking!
BUT man we got lucky, we agree on almost everything, religion, morals, politics, parenting, we have the same taste in decor and while we are both strong headed and fight we really get along well.
Considering the way we married I imagine anyone of those topics could have been deal breakers:)) and I am often shocked how it turned out!
So do you and your spouse agree on the "big stuff"
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 6, 2012 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
LiesLiesLies
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 2:03 PM
We pretty much agreed on everything but religion and music.

That being said we just teased each other about music (I would constantly unsync his music and throw it back in the car or steal all his CD's and switch them)

On religion we just did not argue about it. I respected his beliefs and vice versa.

I am now raising my daughter Christian though...even though I am Atheist.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 6, 2012 at 2:07 PM
2 moms liked this

We agree that his 'big stuff' cant fit in that other hole!!

Devious333
by Ruby Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 2:08 PM
I was raised Catholic and married a Mormon. Lol. But I haven't practiced since I was about 15. I am not religious or interested in being a part of an organized religion. Dh knew from the beginning that I'd never convert. We agree on a lot of things and we respect one another's beliefs when we don't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 6, 2012 at 2:10 PM

DH and I do not agree on most stuff. I will not discuss certain topics with him. DH thinks since we do not agree that it is necessary for him to talk loudly and over me to make his point known. SMH We are exact opposites.

kitchen.ninja
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Yes we do. Prior to marriage we discussed the big stuff. 'Howevere there are small aspects of parenting we disagree on at times but we are good at arguing and always resolve our problems.

sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 2:17 PM

For the most part, yes. He was raised ultra-conservative, I was raised a raging liberal but I have found that as we get older both of our opinions have travelled more towards the middle and he was already fairly middle-ground when we started dating. Religion we agree completely about. Parenting we agree for the most part and compromise when we don't. We like the same television programs, movies, music, books. We both play video games. I am crafty, he is an artist.

We also got into a relationship very quickly. We knew each other as friends for several months but he moved in about 3 weeks after we started our relationship and have been together for almost 12 years, married for over 10. I think of it as luck as well because we could have had a disaster on our hands.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 6, 2012 at 2:20 PM

On the big stuff yes, sometimes we disagree on how to dicipline our daughters but thats just because he is a big wuss when it comes to them. Other stuff we disagree on is small stuff music, food, stuff like that. Neither of us are big on religion but I teach our daughters about all religions regardless of how I feel about them, they need to know stuff like that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN