Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So I just got Merina

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 4:39 PM
  • 12 Replies
I'm a little crampy but not to much worse for wear. I was scared it was going to hurt so bad. Any tips for cramps and chasing kids though?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Peytonsmom6308
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 4:41 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lemonade1
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Can honestly say that it caused me no pain or discomfort so can't really help but suggest no chasing kids too much in first few days.

SodiumPentathol
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 4:43 PM
Didn't bother me much, the cramping was gone completely by the next day.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Peytonsmom6308
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 4:45 PM
Good to hear. It's all ready starting to subside but i can't decide if that is from the pain meds or not lol

Quoting SodiumPentathol:

Didn't bother me much, the cramping was gone completely by the next day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Titana
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 4:45 PM
They make the disposable heat pads that stick on. I used one of them on my stomach the first day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 6, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Disposable heat pads and advil.

Peytonsmom6308
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 5:14 PM
I think I'm going to hang out in the tub for a bit after supper too. Cramps and I don't like each other

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 6, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Quoting Peytonsmom6308:

I think I'm going to hang out in the tub for a bit after supper too. Cramps and I don't like each other

Quoting Anonymous:

That will help alot. The day I got my mirena I was a hormonal mess and I got a speeding ticket because I was running late to the dr. office. My dr. will only put it in on your period and it was the last day of mine so I had to get to that appt. By the time I got my ticket, got my mirena inserted and got home I was a huge crying, snotty, mess. My poor dh, I took some advil, made a drink and took a hot bath. It worked. ;)

Peytonsmom6308
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 5:27 PM
My dr did it the day before I was supposed to start. I was so nervous from all the horror stories I've heard about!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Peytonsmom6308:

Quoting Anonymous:

That will help alot. The day I got my mirena I was a hormonal mess and I got a speeding ticket because I was running late to the dr. office. My dr. will only put it in on your period and it was the last day of mine so I had to get to that appt. By the time I got my ticket, got my mirena inserted and got home I was a huge crying, snotty, mess. My poor dh, I took some advil, made a drink and took a hot bath. It worked. ;)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 6, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Quoting Peytonsmom6308:

My dr did it the day before I was supposed to start. I was so nervous from all the horror stories I've heard about!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Peytonsmom6308:

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah it sounds alot worse than it is. I had two mirenas for a total of ten years. I freakin love those things. But sadly a few months before I was going to get my second one replaced my body freaked out. My dr recommended to have it removed for a while. I loved not having AF, now I am on the pill. I miss my mirena. :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN