Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Public service announcement from a kindergarten teacher

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

If your child's teacher is offering conferences or you feel you need a conference, it is rude to send in a note saying "we will be requiring two conferences, one with me, one with the child's other parent as we are not together". I did not volunteer to have two conferences, it is a waste of my time. Honestly, it's like saying your child is more important and deserves more of my time then the children in the classroom who's parents are together and they are not. Grow up, you are being asked to sit in a room with the person who you chose to create a child with and talk about the child, I am not asking you to screw on the desks.

Thanks for letting me vent, I hate getting these notes, while I do politely say that I can only do one conference per child unless there is a restraining order, I wish I could tell the parents this

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 6, 2012 at 6:22 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 6, 2012 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this

People actually do that?

WTF is wrong with America?!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 6, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Some schools require it if the parents ask, thankfully, mine doesn't. I would be careful because while they may not complain, you are probably talked about in the teacher's lounge.Why do you think your children deserve more of the teacher's time then the other kids? You know we don't get paid for the time we spend in conferences right?

Quoting Anonymous:

My kids' teachers have always done a conference with both parents without a second thought. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 6, 2012 at 6:26 PM
Sounds like if you get a lot of those notes, its just something that comes along with the job. So you say no, big deal. I don't see what is so significant to come on here and complain.
myboysSMSB
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 6:27 PM
3 moms liked this

WTF? Some people are so ignorant. A Kindergarten teacher has bigger fish to fry then play around with two parents acting like high schoolers!

Shelbypb
by Platinum Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 6:27 PM
I don't blame you that is very selfish
CafeMom Tickers
Lordgodempress
by Silver Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 6:27 PM

wow, thats crazy on the parents part.  They cant deal with each other long enough for a conference really?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 6, 2012 at 6:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Good thing she only teaches kindergarten. 

Quoting Anonymous:

*than
*whose...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 6, 2012 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this

If they can't get along and be in the same room without fighting wouldn't it be better for the child to do separate conferences?  Or are you saying you really don't give a damn about the kids?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 6, 2012 at 6:28 PM

That is funny because I AM a teacher. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Some schools require it if the parents ask, thankfully, mine doesn't. I would be careful because while they may not complain, you are probably talked about in the teacher's lounge.Why do you think your children deserve more of the teacher's time then the other kids? You know we don't get paid for the time we spend in conferences right?

Quoting Anonymous:

My kids' teachers have always done a conference with both parents without a second thought. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 6, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

*than
*whose...

Sorry, I am typing with a sleeping baby on my shoulder and my computer is doing this crazy thing where it will change my words if it thinks I meant something else, I hate it and don't know how to get it off

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured