Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Public service announcement from a kindergarten teacher

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

If your child's teacher is offering conferences or you feel you need a conference, it is rude to send in a note saying "we will be requiring two conferences, one with me, one with the child's other parent as we are not together". I did not volunteer to have two conferences, it is a waste of my time. Honestly, it's like saying your child is more important and deserves more of my time then the children in the classroom who's parents are together and they are not. Grow up, you are being asked to sit in a room with the person who you chose to create a child with and talk about the child, I am not asking you to screw on the desks.

Thanks for letting me vent, I hate getting these notes, while I do politely say that I can only do one conference per child unless there is a restraining order, I wish I could tell the parents this

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 6, 2012 at 6:22 PM
Replies (141-149):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 6, 2012 at 10:27 PM
And if the non custodial parent can't get out of work for this meeting? You seem uptight.
taramac
by Platinum Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 10:27 PM
Here's a question for you: can the parent's bring the child to the conference or is that frowned upon? We have a conference on Thursday and do not have any friends or family to watch our boys and I don't want my son's teacher to be upset that we have our kids there.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 6, 2012 at 10:29 PM
LOL! Calm down. You just said he's not in y'all's life, and proved my point.

All I'm saying if what you said is true he can't just walk in and have control.

Quoting mommy_me:

He isnt in mine.He isnt really in hers either. But he could request a meeting with her teacher and I sure as hell wouldnt want to sit in a room with his ass. And call BS all you want. I have  the police reports, restraining orders, court documents, and photos to prove what that piece of shit did to me. So you can go fuck yourself

Quoting Anonymous:

.... I call BS.

If he "tried to kill you" then he why the hell is even in you kid's life?

Quoting mommy_me:

Sorry Ms Teacher but Im not sitting in a room with a man that tried to kill me. If its impossible for you to try to meet with both parents to discuss the child, then maybe we could skype. If that doesnt suit you then fine. Guess the other parent will miss out

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 6, 2012 at 10:32 PM

You're not very bright are you? Here let me dumb it down for you..
I   don't     care     that     she   had   typos     I     was     asking     why       she     had    to     come      up    with      a      lie        just       own    up     to    the     fact     that     you      goofed       you're      making     it      bigger     than      it        is.... get that?

Quoting militarywife09:

LMAO!!! Remove the stick? I'm not the asshole going around attempting to put someone down for a couple typos. Your are sad!

Quoting Anonymous:

Um first of all my reply is the one below yours I didn't make the first comment. Second I don't give a shit that she can't spell or messed up. I asked WHY she has to come up with a lie or try to cover her mistake.. remove the stick sweetie, it's gonna be alright.

Quoting militarywife09:

What? She spelled two things wrong. Big deal. Guess what? NOBODY IS PERFECT. Including you and teachers. Get over yourself.

Quoting Anonymous:

Mmmhmmm...riiiiight

why is that always the answer when called out for not spelling something correctly? Own up to it, you can't spell... it's ok. No need for the elaborate lie

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

*than

*whose...

Sorry, I am typing with a sleeping baby on my shoulder and my computer is doing this crazy thing where it will change my words if it thinks I meant something else, I hate it and don't know how to get it off

BekkieBoodle
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 10:46 PM
It's 1 extra copy of a weekly letter. Not that big of a deal. She even said at the begining of the year that it wouldn't be a problem.... So I don't understand why she's making a big deal about it now.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you going to send in extra money for the copies!?  The school/teacher shouldn't have to pay for YOUR marital mistakes!  Schools are not family counselors.  If you create a child together, then there are certain situations that you must FACE together.  A school conference is one.  A bail hearing is another and from the responses from many of you divorced mothers, you may want to start saving up for the latter.

Quoting BekkieBoodle:

What is a SASE?  I had DD's conference on Monday and her teacher looked at me crazy when I asked her if she could send home 2 copies of news letters / announcements... she complained that she would have to make 1 more copy.  If she doesnt start giving us 2 copies of stuff im gonna go talk to the principal.  I am not with DD's father, and stuff that gets sent home with DD on his weeks never makes it to me to see.......

Quoting Anonymous:

We sent SASE in so we could receive two sets of everything, because if we didn't we would never get anything. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh and asking for 2 sets of each hand out is rude too, if you can get it arranged with the front office to where they will send 2 of each for your kid to my room (which at my school they don't like to do since that costs extra money), fine but don't ask me to spend my lunch doing it

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rlmama00
by Silver Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 11:10 PM
I really think this can be an issue depending on the teachers' contracts and how conferences are handled. Our current district does them on early dismissal days and each one is 15-30 minutes long, depending on how many kids are in the class and if there is a need for a longer conference. Just imagine if 3 students in one class all had parents making this request. That could be an extra hour of that teacher's time. That's not exactly ideal and I can understand it being frustrating.
Ayla-bellesmom
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 11:17 PM
Meh.
TheMrs407
by Ruby Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 11:19 PM
Yep it sucks.

-Kindergarten teacher who has two conferences so she doesn't have to play Family Counselor.
TheMrs407
by Ruby Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 11:22 PM
We are contracted more than enough time foe conferences, even if we weren't there are provisions in our contracts that cover this. On the rare chance they don't, they give us $20/ hour.

Quoting Rlmama00:

I really think this can be an issue depending on the teachers' contracts and how conferences are handled. Our current district does them on early dismissal days and each one is 15-30 minutes long, depending on how many kids are in the class and if there is a need for a longer conference. Just imagine if 3 students in one class all had parents making this request. That could be an extra hour of that teacher's time. That's not exactly ideal and I can understand it being frustrating.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured