Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Public service announcement from a kindergarten teacher

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

If your child's teacher is offering conferences or you feel you need a conference, it is rude to send in a note saying "we will be requiring two conferences, one with me, one with the child's other parent as we are not together". I did not volunteer to have two conferences, it is a waste of my time. Honestly, it's like saying your child is more important and deserves more of my time then the children in the classroom who's parents are together and they are not. Grow up, you are being asked to sit in a room with the person who you chose to create a child with and talk about the child, I am not asking you to screw on the desks.

Thanks for letting me vent, I hate getting these notes, while I do politely say that I can only do one conference per child unless there is a restraining order, I wish I could tell the parents this

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 6, 2012 at 6:22 PM
Replies (41-50):
dee1603
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 6:36 PM
My xh didn't make it to our dd's conference even though he said he would be there.

I told the teacher if he showed up it was her decision whether or not she wanted to discuss with him.

He's never asked how it went, to see her report card, or what the teacher said. If he ever does, my response will be for him to set up an arrangement to meet with the teacher himself.

You need to get over yourself. It wouldn't be that big of a deal to dedicate 10 minutes to two parents separately rather than 15 minutes at once. If it benefits the kids, what does it hurt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PaperClip811
by Silver Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Not that my ex would ever think a conference was important enough for his attendance... but we can sit in a room together for a few hours, no problem. His schedule is much crazier than mine so it would  have been more of a coordination issue before an immaturity issue. We live in different states now, so who knows. 

meparty
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Depends on how bad the relationship is. or dont have 1 of them come.

Baybeelove88
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 6:36 PM
Good lord, they can't be civil for twenty minutes to go to their kids teacher conference?! Gtfo
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BekkieBoodle
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Wow.  I am not with DD's father and we go together to her conferences.  

....... now as for your comment about doubling up on handouts, I do ask her teacher to do that.  Since her father and I alternate Week to Week sometimes I do not get newsletters and stuff that is sent out.  I really don't see a problem with sending home 2 copies of newsletters and such.  For instance, I didn't even know about DDs conference because her father didn't leave the handout / newsletter in her folder for me to see.  If he hadn't of called me the day before her conference I would not have know about it. 

the4mutts
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids' school does minimum days the whole conference week, so teachers still go home on time, and send home notes stating that they are more than willing to accomidate up to 2 conferences per child, in case of schedueling conflict, divorce, visitation, etc.
My kids' school has nationally accredited teachers, wins grants and other awards yearly, and has the highest city school scores in my state.

Guess we can see which teachers care about their students & jobs more than their "own time".
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
paknari
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this
If the parents can't get along enough to agree on their child's education they are pretty pathetic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 6, 2012 at 6:39 PM

We sent SASE in so we could receive two sets of everything, because if we didn't we would never get anything. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh and asking for 2 sets of each hand out is rude too, if you can get it arranged with the front office to where they will send 2 of each for your kid to my room (which at my school they don't like to do since that costs extra money), fine but don't ask me to spend my lunch doing it

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 6, 2012 at 6:42 PM
1 mom liked this

This sounds more like a public bitch announcement than public service announcement. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 6, 2012 at 6:46 PM

I ask to go into my kids school after every report card.  My kids teacher is more than happy to have me come in and ask questions to help my kids.  She is excited to have a parent that is so hands on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured