Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Christmas Budget ETA

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I have 2 kids ages 5 and 6. I am planning on a budget this year. Here is what I have planned. What are your thoughts? Do you have anything planned?

Stocking stuffers: 20-30 each

Santa- 60-80 each

Wrapped- 80-90 each

ETA: Here are some of my ideas...
Stocking for dd-chapstick, candy, crayons, my little pony, strawberry shortcake, lalaloopsy (the small ones), toothbrush...
Stocking for ds-chapstick, candy, crayons, hotwheels, action figure like iron man or something, monster truck, toothbrush...
Santa each- Pjs, outfit, shoes, socks, belts, tobogan (sp?), gloves, coloring book, bows for dd, hat for ds, and a play set each...
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 6, 2012 at 8:51 PM
Replies (71-78):
Rainray2
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't have a budget. All done Christmas shopping for everyone in my family and I spent about $500 per child plus we're going to Disneyland with my family the week before Christmas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 6, 2012 at 10:29 PM
That explains alot! Lol u never know what ur getting into with a rental lol

Quoting Anonymous:

The trees were getting long lol. Yes its going to be alot of work. We have carpet in the LR, all 3 BRs and the hall

Quoting Anonymous:

My budget is $500/kid. That does not include Santa or stockings.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 6, 2012 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't have a set budget but dfs gift is $99 plus a stocking $20 DD will be about $200 including stocking. And. We give family photos and photos of DD as gifts. I will probably get my aunt and fmil a nice gift because my aunts paying for part of our wedding right before Christmas and his mom is paying for my dress to be custom made by her mother. So probably $200 at most and toys and a carseat for my niece because she's like my other daughter and her mama doesn't buy the things she needs fmil and I do almost everything for her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Nov. 6, 2012 at 10:33 PM
Idk b/c those Santa gifts would just go in the stocking here.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 6, 2012 at 11:01 PM
Thank you. I hope they can at least get a couple things. The baby won't understand if he doesn't get anything and my oldest understands we're having a hard time but my middle too don't get it.

Quoting Anonymous:

We have a Christmas Clearinghouse available to families in need, I donate to them every year. I hope things are good for you this holiday. I know its not about the presents.

Quoting Anonymous:

My kids will get whatever they get from the salvation army. If I'm lucky enough to be able to buy them anything then it will be from the dollar tree. Presents aren't what the holiday is about anyway.

bcauseimthemom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 11:11 PM

3, 8, 12 and 20

Quoting Anonymous:

How old are yours?

Quoting bcauseimthemom:

Well, we don't do the Santa lie so there is no budget for that. Stockings are usually a couple of gift cards and funky socks and candy..... as far as budgets for wrapped gifts.... between 300 and 500 each. It depends on which child because of the age of my children.

aDayInParidise
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:23 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't blame you :) I actually just got some great news this morning, my ex paid some on child support finally, so we got about $200 for the kids Christmas now! Yay :)

Quoting Anonymous:

We had to do that the last few years. I am super excited bc dh found a great job this year. Im sorry, Im not trying to brag....just happy.

Quoting aDayInParidise:

Our budget is going to be whatever extra money we have between now and Christmas. We will be lucky to get $100 for both kids combined. S/O and I wait to get ours (which is looking like we need a new car) and big gifts for the kids when our taxes come in.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:25 AM

I charge minimal of 10 grand per year. for christmas.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN