Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

gays and their silly little "equal rights" issues *thanks ladies* (edit) yep..edited again

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 551 Replies
36 moms liked this

I, am for equal rights. For everyone. NOT just people who live their life the way I choose to live mine. I'm curious...why is it sucha  big deal to let 2 men or 2 women get married? Please don't say because "it's wrong, it's in the Bible". That's a personal choice YOU made. How does it DIRECTLY affect you?

Wow, I honestly didn't expect that many replies. I figured everyone was tired of this issue..however it IS something that's very important to me ...as a woman, and as a mother, and as a wife. I am bisexual, if you didn't catch that in the OP;) ,  I hear people saying ignorant things...ignorant can mean just misinformed ins ome cases. However, it doesn't make me like you any less. You can hate me all day long, but I will support your right to do so. **Disclaimer** ...lol....don't think that that means I won't kick your ass.

Thank you ALL for answering  my post...my religious views are not important, so I will keep them to myself unless someone actually CARES and wants to listen...lol...but I shall spare you the details as of now:)

Spread love ......why not?????

It amazes me the amount of hatred and negativity that is on here. Attacking my parenting abilities because of my sexuality? Do you think I have orgies while the kids watch or something? Come on people...don't confuse homosexuality with just being horny. There IS more to it than the sex. Half the people I know that hate gay people with such a vengeance kind of seem to have some homosexuality repression. I'm just sayin. I love my kids, and my husband and he loves me and if you want to dislike what I have to say, then dislike away, but um, hello?? This CafeMOM..MOM being the operative word here. Don't make it personal when it's just my vagina and my mouth that you seem to dislike :)

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:47 AM
18 moms liked this
It doesn't affect anyone just those that live in fear.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:48 AM
38 moms liked this
It directly effects me because I don't want my kids growing up in a world of hate plus I have several gay friends.
Pro- equal rights
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:49 AM

Quoting owl0210:

Lol...I know right? But fear of what? Why is homosexuality seen as some evil plague on mankind? I just don't get it

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:50 AM

Quoting AleaKat:

It directly effects me because I don't want my kids growing up in a world of hate plus I have several gay friends.
Pro- equal rights

I feel the same way..it was more directed towards those who DO have a problem with it...how does it even affect them??

mattiehatter
by Mary on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:50 AM
15 moms liked this

I don't think it should be the governments business to tell anyone who they can and cannot marry. As long as they are consenting adults two people who love each other and feel as though they wish to spend their lives together should have a go.

m0mmyheather
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:50 AM
3 moms liked this
Small-minded people love a reason to attack anything that's different, basically.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting owl0210:

Lol...I know right? But fear of what? Why is homosexuality seen as some evil plague on mankind? I just don't get it

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:51 AM

Quoting owl0210:

hip2it
by Silver Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:52 AM
4 moms liked this
I don't see how I can tell anyone who to sleep with as long as their not sleeping with me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:52 AM
31 moms liked this
It opens the door to other things. 10 years from now we'll accept poligamist marriages too (the only reason why not would be "religion" like people say reason for not wanting gay marriages is), then we'll just let people marry animals, or objects, or adults marrying kids. Where do we draw the line??
Homosexuals already get all the same benefits as marriage with a civil union, so let's leave it at that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwayskk
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:52 AM
16 moms liked this

They ascribe to the slippery slope fallacy.

The really sad part is, they probably don't even know what a fallacy is, much like the poster previous to me and the twelve people who liked her reply. Sad!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)