Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

gays and their silly little "equal rights" issues *thanks ladies* (edit) yep..edited again

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I, am for equal rights. For everyone. NOT just people who live their life the way I choose to live mine. I'm curious...why is it sucha  big deal to let 2 men or 2 women get married? Please don't say because "it's wrong, it's in the Bible". That's a personal choice YOU made. How does it DIRECTLY affect you?

Wow, I honestly didn't expect that many replies. I figured everyone was tired of this issue..however it IS something that's very important to me ...as a woman, and as a mother, and as a wife. I am bisexual, if you didn't catch that in the OP;) ,  I hear people saying ignorant things...ignorant can mean just misinformed ins ome cases. However, it doesn't make me like you any less. You can hate me all day long, but I will support your right to do so. **Disclaimer** ...lol....don't think that that means I won't kick your ass.

Thank you ALL for answering  my post...my religious views are not important, so I will keep them to myself unless someone actually CARES and wants to listen...lol...but I shall spare you the details as of now:)

Spread love ......why not?????

It amazes me the amount of hatred and negativity that is on here. Attacking my parenting abilities because of my sexuality? Do you think I have orgies while the kids watch or something? Come on people...don't confuse homosexuality with just being horny. There IS more to it than the sex. Half the people I know that hate gay people with such a vengeance kind of seem to have some homosexuality repression. I'm just sayin. I love my kids, and my husband and he loves me and if you want to dislike what I have to say, then dislike away, but um, hello?? This CafeMOM..MOM being the operative word here. Don't make it personal when it's just my vagina and my mouth that you seem to dislike :)

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:46 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:02 AM
2 moms liked this
Again, it will open the door to other things. Thing that we saw as absurd (like homosexuality) 20-30 years ago are just fine and dandy today. I'm sure people will find reasons why the rest would be ok to do later on.
Quoting ittybit2012:

Gay marriage will not open the doors to pedophilia or bestiality. A child cannot legally consent and neither can a sheep.

Quoting Anonymous:

It opens the door to other things. 10 years from now we'll accept poligamist marriages too (the only reason why not would be "religion" like people say reason for not wanting gay marriages is), then we'll just let people marry animals, or objects, or adults marrying kids. Where do we draw the line??
Homosexuals already get all the same benefits as marriage with a civil union, so let's leave it at that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:02 AM
3 moms liked this
Not all states have civil union and no it's not equal. Plus it's a way for christians to force their religion on others.

Quoting Anonymous:

It opens the door to other things. 10 years from now we'll accept poligamist marriages too (the only reason why not would be "religion" like people say reason for not wanting gay marriages is), then we'll just let people marry animals, or objects, or adults marrying kids. Where do we draw the line??
Homosexuals already get all the same benefits as marriage with a civil union, so let's leave it at that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:03 AM

It does not directly effect me at all.  I have no problems with it. 

I do think we have bigger issues in this country that should be addressed first.

No matter if gay rights should be an issue or not...it is an issue.  I don't think with all the problems our country is facing right now that gay rights should get top billing. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:04 AM
It is equal. Same benefits without the title. And like I say, allowing things that we thought were crazy/absurd 20 years ago will open the door to more things years from now. We need to draw the line somewhere.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not all states have civil union and no it's not equal. Plus it's a way for christians to force their religion on others.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:05 AM
Lol! I don't watch news and I'm not even Republican.

Quoting owl0210:

Keep watching Faux News.

Quoting Anonymous:

muzzyh
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:06 AM
12 moms liked this
A) that's a super weak argument. Animals can't consent or say "I do".

B) what the hell do you care if someone wants to marry their cat?

C) are you so insecure in your own marriage that you have to tell everybody else how to live their lives?
D) if polygamy works for someone, why not? NOT YOUR BUSINESS!

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
winkyloafer
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:07 AM
7 moms liked this
Wow, that's the dumbest assumption I've read!

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlemonaghan
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:08 AM
6 moms liked this

I think Lewis Black answers your question accurately....

(this is not against gay people.)

grouchymama
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:08 AM
5 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

This is not true. My SILs have a toddler. In the state of Ohio there is no way for my SIL's partner to adopt their child unless she gives up custody. If something happens to my SIL my MIL could take the child and never let her see her mother again:( They have a will but, the person named in the will is only a suggestion. A judge can give the child to whomever they want.

I know plenty of married couples who have their spouse adopt their child without giving up custody.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:08 AM
9 moms liked this
Homosexuality has been around since the beginning of time and was accepted prior to the Bible.

Quoting Anonymous:

It is equal. Same benefits without the title. And like I say, allowing things that we thought were crazy/absurd 20 years ago will open the door to more things years from now. We need to draw the line somewhere.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)