Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

spinoff polygamy.

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 9:05 AM
  • 38 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you think it should be legal (with the stipulation of it has to be CONSENTING ADULTS NO ONE under the age of 18 EVEN WITH parents consent)?

Options:

yes

no

on the fence

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 88

View Results

For information please click the ribbon. 

I have something known as Nerofibromatosis. This illness causes tumors to grow within my body. I currently have brain tumors which affects my ability to function 100% normaly. My memory is poor as is my spelling and grammar abilities. It is a part of who my youngest is and a part of who I am. It is not all of ether of us.

My husbands best friends brother has a condition known as tuberous sclerosis. He was supposed to have died at a very young age. He is now close to 30 and still alive. He has had a few brain surgeries and has had to have his shunt replaced a few times. They run a program to help people with this condition. This ribbon will take you to their website where information on TS is located. 

by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 9:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sammygrl77
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 9:06 AM
Absolutely!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pristine729
by Silver Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 9:07 AM
Yes! Love should be multiplied not divided! Lol

Plus, I learned a lot from them. Sometimes I feel like I relate to them because my DF and I co parent with other people.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Nov. 7, 2012 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this

while it is NOT for me I would NEVER share my DH I think it should be legal. 

gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Nov. 7, 2012 at 9:10 AM

I also think part of the stipulations should be a contract that states that they KNOW they are going into a polygamist marriage. This way there is no oh you will be the only one for me then 10 years down the line one of them marries another person without the other knowing. 

gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Nov. 7, 2012 at 9:13 AM

BUMP!

mackiebugsmom
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 9:14 AM
Yes, I sometimes wish dh would get another wife ( for non religious reasons) but he says one wife is enough to handle, lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 7, 2012 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this

for some reason my computer is being stupid so i cant click my vote, but i vote yes. as long as they are not scamming their taxes to get more money and as long as he is only legally married to 1 wife i dont care.(if not then they can get way more for being married mulitpul times) but as far as im concerned it is a separation of church and state. if their religon is ok with it then who are we to judge? its kinf of the same thing as a man that is not a poligamist having babies with mulitpul women, and most of the time those dads dont even hel ptake care of the babies they make. 

Lady_In_Ink
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 9:15 AM
I don't see why not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 7, 2012 at 9:15 AM
2 moms liked this
No. I think it complicates things too much legally.
LectioDivina
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 9:16 AM

yes

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)