Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My kids turned out just fine...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I refused to breast feed both of my children

I turned their car seats around at 11 months old

I bought them booster seats at four years old

I buckle them in with their coats on

I let them play outside in the yard without watching them closly

I refuse to medicate my add child

I vaccine 

I let my kids sleep with me when they want to, but they are capable of sleeping in their own beds as well.

And they are just fine. They're healthy, have never had any problems, make straight a's, and are at the top of their class in school, and teacher's favorites.

People need to lighten the fuck up.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 7, 2012 at 10:21 AM
Replies (21-30):
xXxLillithxXx
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Yeah people need to just worry about their own children and parenting choices...but alas we are women...we can't do that. We have to talk shit about everyone. :)

Shelbypb
by Ruby Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:11 AM
Yes thank you
CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Exactly one more month. Good God. 

Quoting casedellic.:

For 1 more month...

Quoting svolkov:

11 months is an infant

Quoting casedellic.:

She never forward faced an infant and even so there is no guarantee it would end badly, odds are just higher.

Quoting svolkov:

Then statistically speaking they are all lucky. One car accident with a forward facing infant would have changed that. Glad they all never had that

Quoting Anonymous:

Mine are perfect, really. No health problems, other than slight ADD, smart, good attitudes, we're doing more than fine.

Quoting svolkov:

Congrats! I however aim a little higher than " fine" for my own kids

Shelbypb
by Ruby Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:14 AM
Mine was forward facing at 11 because he was so dang tall his legs were all squished against the seat one accident and he would have broken both his legs so he needed to be turned around for safety

Quoting svolkov:

CafeMom Tickers
Lizardannie1966
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Guess what? You've been lucky when it comes to the things I've highlighted in red. Blessed that nothing has ever gone wrong.

Instead of tooting your own horn, try making THOSE realizations (owning them) and stop assessing that everyone else who wants something different for their own children need to "lighten up."

Quoting Anonymous:

I refused to breast feed both of my children

I turned their car seats around at 11 months old

I bought them booster seats at four years old

I buckle them in with their coats on

I let them play outside in the yard without watching them closly

I refuse to medicate my add child

I vaccine 

I let my kids sleep with me when they want to, but they are capable of sleeping in their own beds as well.

And they are just fine. They're healthy, have never had any problems, make straight a's, and are at the top of their class in school, and teacher's favorites.

People need to lighten the fuck up.

Barronbaby
by Brandi on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:14 AM
YOU DO BETTER WHEN YOU KNOW BETTER! I pray nothing happens to your children. the world isnt the safest place anymore
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:14 AM

There's a post on there above where this one was, it answers your question. 

Quoting svolkov:

Then statistically speaking they are all lucky. One car accident with a forward facing infant would have changed that. Glad they all never had that

Quoting Anonymous:

Mine are perfect, really. No health problems, other than slight ADD, smart, good attitudes, we're doing more than fine.

Quoting svolkov:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this
there are no reports of rear facing children breaking their legs in a car accident, there are however tons of reports of children being internally decapitated in a accident. not a chance i am willing to take. my 3 year old is rear facing comfortably as is my 19 month old.

Quoting Shelbypb:

Mine was forward facing at 11 because he was so dang tall his legs were all squished against the seat one accident and he would have broken both his legs so he needed to be turned around for safety

Quoting svolkov:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:18 AM
the recommendation is now 2 years of age then to forward face them. hopefully it goes into law. 12 months isnt this magic number they instantly turn into toddlers and big kids. they are still babies

Quoting Anonymous:

Exactly one more month. Good God. 

Quoting casedellic.:

For 1 more month...

Quoting svolkov:

11 months is an infant

Quoting casedellic.:

She never forward faced an infant and even so there is no guarantee it would end badly, odds are just higher.

Quoting svolkov:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting svolkov:

LizzieAnnesMom
by β˜†Mrs.Winchesterβ˜† on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:19 AM
3 moms liked this

You ever read the book A Child Called It? Yeah he turned out just fine too, doesnt mean we should do that shit. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN