Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My kids turned out just fine...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I refused to breast feed both of my children

I turned their car seats around at 11 months old

I bought them booster seats at four years old

I buckle them in with their coats on

I let them play outside in the yard without watching them closly

I refuse to medicate my add child

I vaccine 

I let my kids sleep with me when they want to, but they are capable of sleeping in their own beds as well.

And they are just fine. They're healthy, have never had any problems, make straight a's, and are at the top of their class in school, and teacher's favorites.

People need to lighten the fuck up.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 7, 2012 at 10:21 AM
Replies (51-60):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:26 AM
So I have a suggestion for you. Next time check out a few posts before you as the first one to reply determine the mood of the post. Get it?

Quoting usmcwifey11:

I don't care what you do with your children. I, on the other hand, want more for my children than to be just 'fine'.

daughteroftruth
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this

A- believe it or not, nutrition choices you make now, have LONG term impacts.  So they are fine now, 30 yrs from now?  who knows.  Your kids are not perfect.  No one is perfect.  You may be delusional, but your kids are not perfect. 

Your kids were fine when they Forward faced early, not all babies are that lucky.  My mom really didnt' used care seats, I'm fine.. does that mean I should just not use car seats?

Your kids are fine now.. and if you get into a car accident will they be?

I'm not saying that you should do anything "one way", but the whole "my kids are fine and I did xyz".. its just flawed logic and it makes you look like an idiot.  I don't really care what other choices moms make, but ignorance is annoying.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Mine are perfect, really. No health problems, other than slight ADD, smart, good attitudes, we're doing more than fine.

Quoting svolkov:

Congrats! I however aim a little higher than " fine" for my own kids

Shelbypb
by Ruby Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:28 AM
Nope all I said was your kids probably live in a bubble. My son is perfectly happy learning to explore and make his own mistakes even if that means climbing on the couch and jumping off nd hurting his butt. That gives me a heart attack but I let him learn things on his own as long as it isn't something g tat could seriously hurt him like the oven

Quoting Anonymous:

CafeMom Tickers
Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I am raising my kids just so cm moms that are like 19 can feel superior in their own highly googled choices. Lol

I knew the carseat thing would you some self righteous howling.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Well forward facing before 1 is illegal...

Liyoness
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Then read Bruce Perry's "The Boy Who Was Raised As a Dog". Every single story in that book is true, along with countless others.

Deliberately and knowingly putting your children in danger is not good parenting. It isn't even "fine".

Quoting Anonymous:

you do realize that the author's "true story" has been debunked and is a slew of falsehoods?

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

You ever read the book A Child Called It? Yeah he turned out just fine too, doesnt mean we should do that shit. 

ninjakids
by Christina on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:30 AM
Harnesses need to be snug.•my kids harnesses are the exact tightness as the hospital states even with a snowsuit... Clothes should allow the straps to go between the child’s legs...my carseats do...• Do not dress children in thick coats or snowsuits that interfere with fit and adjustments of the harnesses and buckles. & again the harness sits exactly as it does without jackets snowsuits .also my doctor ( head of the medical board for my area ) has seen my children in their carseats with snowsuits and never once said anything.

Quoting Barronbaby:

yes, it states in the user manuals NO BULKY CLOTHING are to be worn in the carseat.

Quoting ninjakids:

Wait... People take their kids jackets off to put them in their carseats ?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Liyoness
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:33 AM

No. It takes a village to raise a child. It is everyone's responsibility to make sure that each and every child has the best chance at life. Not caring is exactly what gets children killed.

Quoting xXxLillithxXx:

Yeah people need to just worry about their own children and parenting choices...but alas we are women...we can't do that. We have to talk shit about everyone. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:33 AM
i do too. mine cimb counters, over the couch, jump off the beds, use stools to get into the snack cubbord, you name it they do it. but its my job to also protect them. they sit in carseats with no coat and rear facing because its proven safer. i watch them when they are outside to ensure they dont get snatched or get into the wood burner. i check on them throughout the day to make sure they havent destroyed my house... you judge me over carseat use assuming that they live in a bubble because i do what i can to protect them from injury in the event of an accident also the number 1 killer in children in the us

Quoting Shelbypb:

Nope all I said was your kids probably live in a bubble. My son is perfectly happy learning to explore and make his own mistakes even if that means climbing on the couch and jumping off nd hurting his butt. That gives me a heart attack but I let him learn things on his own as long as it isn't something g tat could seriously hurt him like the oven

Quoting Anonymous:

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:33 AM
Now u aren't suppose to buckle them in with big or poofy jackets something about the straps being too loose and is dangerous I think. We hardly ever break out te big jackets in Texas

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol. I just said something similar. I'm lost. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Serious question, are you not supposed to buckle them in with a coat on?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)