Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My kids turned out just fine...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I refused to breast feed both of my children

I turned their car seats around at 11 months old

I bought them booster seats at four years old

I buckle them in with their coats on

I let them play outside in the yard without watching them closly

I refuse to medicate my add child

I vaccine 

I let my kids sleep with me when they want to, but they are capable of sleeping in their own beds as well.

And they are just fine. They're healthy, have never had any problems, make straight a's, and are at the top of their class in school, and teacher's favorites.

People need to lighten the fuck up.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 7, 2012 at 10:21 AM
Replies (61-70):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:35 AM

That's interesting. I'm in Wisconsin and have never heard that. I also adjust the seat belts so they're still tight. Thanks for that info, I'll look it up! 

Quoting Fields456:

Now u aren't suppose to buckle them in with big or poofy jackets something about the straps being too loose and win dangerous I think. We hardly ever break out te big jackets in Texas

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol. I just said something similar. I'm lost. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Serious question, are you not supposed to buckle them in with a coat on?

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Reguardless, there are many tells just like his that are true and those children turn out fine. Doesnt mean we should put our children through that.

Quoting Anonymous:

you do realize that the author's "true story" has been debunked and is a slew of falsehoods?

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

You ever read the book A Child Called It? Yeah he turned out just fine too, doesnt mean we should do that shit. 

ninjakids
by Christina on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:35 AM
Same! Its only Nov and we have blankets on the car ( i put over them when strapped on ) along with them wearing the winter jacket and they are still chilly. Lol

Quoting MistyMoo:

LOL my kids would freeze their little asses off if I had to take their jackets off!

Quoting ninjakids:

Wait... People take their kids jackets off to put them in their carseats ?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
xXxLillithxXx
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Well none of the ladies here belong to my village. So I don't give a shit what they think.

Quoting Liyoness:

No. It takes a village to raise a child. It is everyone's responsibility to make sure that each and every child has the best chance at life. Not caring is exactly what gets children killed.

Quoting xXxLillithxXx:

Yeah people need to just worry about their own children and parenting choices...but alas we are women...we can't do that. We have to talk shit about everyone. :)

ninjakids
by Christina on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:37 AM
Where i am its 1 year Plus a certain height & weight

Quoting OneToughMami:

Well forward facing before 1 is illegal...

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Barronbaby
by Brandi on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:37 AM
if you put your kid in the seat with a coat tighten the harness to snug then take them out of the seat, take off their coat and then without adjusting the harness put them back in. if there is slack then your coat is too thik. dr are not informed on carseat usage. would you see a pediatrition for a heart problem? no you see a cardiologist. would you see the oncologist for a broken arm no. you seek someone certified in carseats. because likely they know all the new regulations and proper use of a carseat

Quoting ninjakids:

Harnesses need to be snug.•my kids harnesses are the exact tightness as the hospital states even with a snowsuit... Clothes should allow the straps to go between the child’s legs...my carseats do...• Do not dress children in thick coats or snowsuits that interfere with fit and adjustments of the harnesses and buckles. & again the harness sits exactly as it does without jackets snowsuits .also my doctor ( head of the medical board for my area ) has seen my children in their carseats with snowsuits and never once said anything.

Quoting Barronbaby:

yes, it states in the user manuals NO BULKY CLOTHING are to be worn in the carseat.

Quoting ninjakids:

Wait... People take their kids jackets off to put them in their carseats ?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shelbypb
by Ruby Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:37 AM
Well you can't blame for the bubble comment after you said your 3 year old sits rear facing because most mothers like that do keep their kids in a bubble. My son is almost 2 and is about the size of a 3 year old for us aging him forward facing is safer and he is much happier

Quoting Anonymous:

CafeMom Tickers
Fields456
by Ruby Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:37 AM
I had never been told that until cafemom just like I had no idea ppl rear face their kids till they are 4-5

Quoting Anonymous:

That's interesting. I'm in Wisconsin and have never heard that. I also adjust the seat belts so they're still tight. Thanks for that info, I'll look it up! 

Quoting Fields456:

Now u aren't suppose to buckle them in with big or poofy jackets something about the straps being too loose and win dangerous I think. We hardly ever break out te big jackets in Texas

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol. I just said something similar. I'm lost. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Serious question, are you not supposed to buckle them in with a coat on?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Liyoness
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:38 AM

We all belong to the same village when it comes to parenting.

I really don't understand why people knowingly put their children in danger just to stick it to someone else. Gambling on the chance that your child might be fine is more important to you than ensuring your children's safety to every capacity you can?

Wow.

Priorities, dude.

Quoting xXxLillithxXx:

Well none of the ladies here belong to my village. So I don't give a shit what they think.

Quoting Liyoness:

No. It takes a village to raise a child. It is everyone's responsibility to make sure that each and every child has the best chance at life. Not caring is exactly what gets children killed.

Quoting xXxLillithxXx:

Yeah people need to just worry about their own children and parenting choices...but alas we are women...we can't do that. We have to talk shit about everyone. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:38 AM

I am glad nothing happened to them, although you have needlessly taken risks with their life and safety. And "ADHD" is not "fine", BTW.... It is common, but it is not "fine". 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)