Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Spanking!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Horrible I dont do it I think this is the best way to teach children how to loose your cool. I think showing them you can be mature about your actions then they will as adults deal with stress better.
Get a grip on yourselves and quit hitting your kids!!!
If you dont believe in this form of parenting maybe you can share your ideas..
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 7, 2012 at 3:52 PM
Replies (31-40):
Dominosmommy
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 4:00 PM

I got the belt, my back hand and the switch. Which do you prefer? lol

Quoting Dzyre1115:

We use it on occasion on our kids, but I'd much rather smack an idiot non-spanker, any takers?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 7, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 7, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Why does anyone want their child to fear the consequences of bad behavior? There HAS to be a healthy level of fear, fear of the punishment they don't like/want, or we'd all be screwed. The child doesn't want a spanking/time out/grounding/toys taken away etc so they choose to behave. 

Quoting lkeyes143:

But WHY would you want your child to fear you? Why would you teach your child that it's acceptable to be aggressive to someone who is helpless or smaller than you? *smh*

It irks me when I see parents say, "Don't hit!"...as they're hitting them.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why do people assume that those who spank do so in anger? Many do not. Sure, there are some but I don't and the people I know who spank do not either. So why the assumption?

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Nov. 7, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Always the backhand, lol, tools are just inhumane!

Quoting Dominosmommy:

Quoting Dzyre1115:

We use it on occasion on our kids, but I'd much rather smack an idiot non-spanker, any takers?

Danita42
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 4:01 PM
Its not a parenting tool I choose to use but I would never judge someone who does.
Dominosmommy
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Lmao. I got all of those things growing up. 

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Always the backhand, lol, tools are just inhumane!

Quoting Dominosmommy:

Quoting Dzyre1115:

GirlWSemiAuto
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 4:02 PM

we don't spank..the age of the child however determines how they are disciplined.. example.. I don't use time out yet for my 22 month old.. instead we use redirection and correction.. however for my 4 year old we use time outs.  (we will be starting time outs soon for youngest, she's just not ready for that yet).

There are also things we do, for example.. my youngest just drew on the tv this morning with crayon.. so, (with my supervision, lol) we taught her that we have to clean up any messes we make, by having her help me clean the tv, and redirecting her to the paper that is OK to color on.

opinionatedmom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 4:03 PM

oh boy here we go. good thing i don't need your approval on my parenting.

Barronbaby
by Brandi on Nov. 7, 2012 at 4:03 PM
i think if done properly and not out of anger it can be a useful discipline method. however its not something i do but who am i to tell anyone else how to raise their childre?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)