Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Spanking!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Horrible I dont do it I think this is the best way to teach children how to loose your cool. I think showing them you can be mature about your actions then they will as adults deal with stress better.
Get a grip on yourselves and quit hitting your kids!!!
If you dont believe in this form of parenting maybe you can share your ideas..
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 7, 2012 at 3:52 PM
Replies (71-77):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Nov. 10, 2012 at 8:43 PM

my kids get spankings when they do something wrong but they always get a warning that if they do not stop doing what they should not be, or if they do not do what they were told, they will get spanked so they ultimately make the decision to get spanked. 

Owl_Feather
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 8:44 PM

I spanked my son once. When he was about 1.  He kept climbing a wobbly table to get to a plant. After the third verbal protest I spanked his tush and carried him off. He was upset about me carrying him off. The swat on the diapered tush hurt me more than him. I didnt even really "spank" him, just tapped his tush. I felt awful. And I always considered myself a gentle discipline parent. I apologized and gave him cuddles the entire night lol. I never did it ever again. Even a tap on the tush was too extreme for me. It's just not in me. What other parents do really isnt my business. But if it's done over something stupid,  the child is REALLY young or it's done too harshly, I will step in. I have called cps on someone before and I guess they considered it case-worthy because I never heard from that friend again (I guess she assumed it was me who called because I witnessed the abuse).

mrspeterrabbit
by Platinum Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 8:52 PM

I spanked all 4 of my kids and they are descent grown adults except for my 16 yr old who is headed the very same way. Everyone parents different, and different doesn't mean wrong. We as parents do what works best in OUR household. We never spanked in anger and they knew it, and if you asked them today it made them into what they are today. Not everything they did warranted a spanking, they got talked too a lot also. We believe in explaining the issue meaning ALL the facts. My kids told they friends "MY Parents Don't Play" and they are right!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2012 at 6:39 PM
bump
CanadianMom12
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 7:19 AM

being "HIT" and "spanked" are different. My parents DID NOT abuse me I just got a smack in the rear end if I did something wrong. I think I know weather it had an effect on my life, you are a stranger over the internet who knows NOTHING about me so who are you to say what it did to my life. I turned out perfectly fine and my DS is perfectly fine he still says I love you mommy even after I have given him a smack in the rear for doing something wrong. I'm sick an tired of people being judemental ass holes because I choose to spank my kids.

what cracks me up the most is that you hide behind anon and say my response is not the most articulated or intelligent responce, I will ALWAYS have the balls and the backbone to respond with my screen name because I really don't care what you think so please at least have the balls to do the same!

Thank You!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting CanadianMom12:

Cry me a river, shit me a bridge and get the hell over it! I was spanked and grew up to not be a little shit head.

Not the most articulate or intelligent response of the evening. As human beings, we are perhaps the worst judges of ourselves. To say being hit had no effect on your life is quite difficult to believe, if you hit your own children, it certainly did have an affect.

BabyFetus Ticker

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Nov. 12, 2012 at 7:31 AM
Way I showed my toddlers right from wrong. Their 17,15 and 12 now and I never have to resort to smacking because they learned when they was younger. I always was able to take my children to any shopping place and resturaunt without having to scream and yell. They were and are still very respectful children. Please a little smack on the behind when your kids doing something wrong is hardly abuse. Coddle your kid and see if hes not telling you to go to hell when he dont get his way as a teen! JMO
laparla
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:07 PM

I don't spank my kids out of anger, I spank them when they know they are not supposed to do a thing and they do it anyway.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)