Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does Medicaid Cover Fertility treatments?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Does anyone know if medicaid will cover fertility treatments? I am thinking about getting on it if they will.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 7, 2012 at 5:21 PM
Replies (161-162):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 10, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Im talking MONEY. Not fruit. Regardless of the difference in the examples I gave you I got news for you, medicaid doesnt pay for organ transplants as well as many types of medication.... I sincerely doubt that YOU have a hundred grand or so just sitting in a bank account JUST IN CASE. So say someone in your family needs a life saving proceedure and well they want you to pay at lleast half before you can have it.. Thats still 50 grand... but Im sure you will say you do have that cuse every one on cafe mom is rich and well to do.... In their fantasies... So you better have some good damn insurance and pray for extremely LOW co pays..... There are a lot of people out there who would look at certain people and say nah we dont wanna waste an organ on this one cause you know it probly wouldnt work and if it did work it wouldnt work for long yadda yadda.... Once again I dont think medicaide should be paying for people to have babies... I do think that YOU and half the other women on this post could use a lesson in compassion. I wont hold my breath tho. I have been a CM member long enough to know that the majority of women get on here to talk shit and bust balls cause it makes them feel better about their shitty ass lives LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

Lets see...necessary heart transplant = medically necessary life saving procedure for a life that ALREADY exists.

Fertility treatments = thousands on an elective procedure hoping to CREATE a life (which is not necessary) but not guaranteed to work.

Apples and oranges. But nice try

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL how kind you are..... Ever see the Movie called John Q? The mans son needed a heart transplant and they wouldnt give him one all about the MONEY. They had a heart and everything... All Im saying is there must be SOMETHING out there that would bring you to your knees if you felt strongly enough about it. I pray that no one in your family ever gets so ill they cant afford treatments of some kind and some asshole thinks they are PATHETIC in wanting someone to HELP them........ I was blessesd with 3 beautiful healthy babies, and my heart BREAKS for the women out there who want so badly to hold a child of their own. Im not saying that ANYONE should pay for it, I do however think most of the comments here are crass and heartless.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's just tough shit! I don't care how badly a person wants a baby. To even think that it's ok for Medicaid (ie tax payers) to pay for fertility treatments is delusional and pathetically selfish!

Quoting Anonymous:

Im not saying that anyone should pay for it. But Just imagine being in those shoes.... you cant finance IVF in most cases they want paid in full when the proceedure is done. I do think the prices for these should be revised..... and I  believe as an american citizen any fit and sound minded person should have the ability to have a baby if they want to. SOME HOW.. I dont want people to have to pay for it but just cause someone cant afford fertility treatments doesnt mean  they cant afford to care for a child. Most of us live pay check to paycheck there arent many independently wealthy people out there these days.

Quoting Anonymous:

And tax payers should have to pay for that? Oh hell no!

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you have any idea how EXPENSIVE fertility treatments can be? For crying out loud it can be more than 20 grand a pop and no guarantee you will conceive.... And I sure cant afford a lump sum of cash like that but raising a child is 20 grand in the long run...... IDK it makes mor ense in my hea than Ian put into words. Not eveyone can affod a 50 thusand dollar car you know, and even most people doing financially K would have a hard friggen time coming up with that kind of money.

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL. No I do not think that, you can spend your food stamps on whatever floats your boat. But bringing more children into this world when you cannot afford them is wrong, I think if you need help paying for fertility treatments you need to get your priorities straight. There are already way too many people living off the government, they are getting lazy and expect everyone else to pay their way.

Quoting SugarMamaO76:

By all means it's not a stupid question. They pay for you to KILL a baby if you wanna but to have and love one OMG they wont have a 40 inch flat screen tv to watch and a harvard education but fuck they might be loved like nobodys business but if they dont grow up to make triple didgets they are worthless right? I bet youre also one the assholes who thinks that children of parents who recieve food stamps dont deserve a birthday cake either right? UGH

Quoting Anonymous:

LMAO!!!

This has to be a troll post. Who in their right mind would come on here asking the dumbest question ever, knowing damn well if you get any kind of government help you SHOULD NOT have any more children.

rissamom224
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 3:09 AM
Bahaha trolly trolly troll!
That's funny though.
*high five*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)