Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Your Paranormal Experiences

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 5:52 PM
  • 2 Replies
1 mom liked this

I know there is a special group for this, but I wanted to post it here.

Im curious if any of you have experienced things like ghosts, spirits, angels, demons, anything of the miracle or not of this world catagory?

Id like to here some stories about normal people's experiences.

1) When I was about 10 years old I woke up at my grandmothers house in the middle of the night to the sound of music.  I opened my eyes and was looking for the source and it was coming from an ordinary houseplant.  I walked over to it and I swear on my life I saw little people dancing on the big leaves of this plants, skipping around playing tiny intruments.  I rubbed my eyes, I pinched myself I slapped my face around even went to the bathroom and spashed water on myself.  I was fully awake.  They didn't look scary, I tried talking to them and it seemed like they could not hear me or even see me.  They were foggy like little ghosts, a bit translucent but I could make out every bit of them my hand swooshed right through them....

I woke my grandma up to show her and when we got to the room they were gone. 

2) When I was about 13 years old I had a very intense dream.  I walked into a magnificent catholic church and saw a woman kneeling at the front praying.  I walked down the aisle so very drawn to her, I wanted to see her up close.  As I got closer I saw she wore two long thick braids past her butt, she had a colorful poncho draped over her, when I got beside her she looked at me inquisitively like I wasn't supose to be there.  She was clearly a spaniard, she was very old, with rawhide wringled brown skin.  Tiny little blue eyes that pierced my soul.  We just stood there starring at each other, no words.  Then I woke up and told my mother about the dream.  It looked like she had seen a ghost.  She dug all day looking for a picture of her great grandmother a woman I had never known, met, or saw before.  There she was, the picture was black and white but it was her.  No doubt in my mind.  My mother said that I was born the same day that she died we were only hours apart.  My grandma pauses often to survey something I said or did and tells me all the time how she believes im her mothers reincarnation. 

3) At about the same age my cousins and I were camping out at my grandmothers for some holiday gathering, the kids always get dumped on the floor, so 4 of us were in sleeping bags in the living room.  I woke up and saw glowing handprints all over the wall of the fire place, bright neon glowing.  I woke my cousing up, I was very scared and creeped out.  They could see it too.  All of us could see the handprints and we ended up investigating them, touching them looking closely at them...debating on if we ought to wake an adult but decided that would get us in trouble...the next night they were not there. 

4) When I was about 15 I had a very intense dream, the kind you think is real and you are confused when you wake up wondering how you went from there to in bed cause you are so sure it actually happened.  Everything was totally normal in my dream, I dreamt my mom told me she was going to visit my brother who was in college at the time.  The day went on and she had left and it was like I was following her every move from above.  I saw her driving on an over pass at 75 mph and not noticing fast enough the car wreck infront of her beyond a curve.  I saw her crash through the railing and drop 50 feet to the road below.  When I woke up the events happened...Everything was coming true that I had dreamt.  I begged her not to go and she listened.  My brother called that evening to tell us about the 5 car pile up on the interstate overpass in the city.

5) When I was 16 I was driving on the highway trying to get home, it was winter and it was icy.  My car ran fine, never had a problem with it.  I was going about 70 mph when it suddenly died and I came to a stop just before another highway intersection.  It wasn't doing anything like the starter was dead, no noise no nothing.  Suddenly a semi slid across the intersection flying buy his stop sign, just feet in front of me.  My car started with ease immediatly after he passed.  Had my car not died I very likely would have crashed right into that semi. 

by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 5:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
emilysmom8
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 6:00 PM

When I was younger my grandparents had a set of friends whom I always thought of as my adoptive grandparents, Well the guy had cancer and for awhile wasnt doing to good, but than he went into remission and was doing wonderful. One night I woke up thinking to my self "omg something is wrong" I looked at the clock and it said 2:34. I went back to sleep and told my mom what happend a little while later she got a call saying he passed away at about 2:30 that morning!

Also I am friends with this girl and her and her husband were trying to have a baby for like  years but she couldnt get pregnant, one night I dreamed she had a baby girl so I called her that day and asked if she had any news to tell me she told me she was pregnant (and it was a girl)

Matriarch87
by Ruby Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Awesome!  I think everyone is a little psychic.  My cousin had a similar experience as you with waking up at night that i was included in.  She lived with us and came into my room at about 1 am saying she had a bad feeling and wanted to sleep with me because she was scared.  I let her and we stayed up talking about her feeling for a little while when the phone rang...It was my dad who was visiting his uncle in the hospital after having a routine gallbladder surgery, I guess he got an infection and went septic and died.  Almost the same time my cousin came into my room. 

Quoting emilysmom8:

When I was younger my grandparents had a set of friends whom I always thought of as my adoptive grandparents, Well the guy had cancer and for awhile wasnt doing to good, but than he went into remission and was doing wonderful. One night I woke up thinking to my self "omg something is wrong" I looked at the clock and it said 2:34. I went back to sleep and told my mom what happend a little while later she got a call saying he passed away at about 2:30 that morning!

Also I am friends with this girl and her and her husband were trying to have a baby for like  years but she couldnt get pregnant, one night I dreamed she had a baby girl so I called her that day and asked if she had any news to tell me she told me she was pregnant (and it was a girl)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN