Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When did "free" Birth control become a "right"?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I keep seeing this on CM and on FB. People talking about how FREE birth control  (from the government) is their RIGHT as a woman? Im curious, how is free BC a right? When did this happen? If people want the government out of their ovaries why do they invite them in by demanding free BC?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 7, 2012 at 6:42 PM
Replies (91-100):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:18 PM
So let innocent kiddies die! Yeah because its there fault the parents made bad choices. Seriously where is your compassion? .....and how would abandoning these kids be good for society? They will grow up to be cut throat criminals and murderers.

Ffs see the bigger picture its hard enough for kids in the system to come out somewhat normal and lead good lives.
Quoting Anonymous:

If parents know their benefits will not increase by getting knocked up again, they will make do with what the get. If they CHOOSE to starve their subsequent children, that is NOT the fault of the people WHO HAVE NO MORE MONEY to give them in order to support their irresponsible actions. Not. my. problem.

Quoting Anonymous:

So you would let children die ...wow nice compassionate heart you have hitler

Quoting Anonymous:

Because these poor women are notorious for using the free bc already available to them. Not going to change a thing. I have an idea, DON'T support them for 18 years.

Quoting Anonymous:

Its not a right but it is good for poor women who can't afford a child or BC. It will reduce the abortion rate witch is good.

What would you prefer to pay for abortion or birthcontrol? Or a child's 18 years in a corrupt system thats bursting at the seems with unwanted kids anyway?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashleeduhh
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:19 PM
Well it doesn't have tks be free but 120$ for bc pills is INSANE!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mishamama
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:19 PM
1 mom liked this
THIS.

Quoting mommy_me:

I would rather the government give out free $500 IUDs that last 5 years than give out $1000s to women to give birth, then 100s more for WIC and a couple more thousand for food stamps and a tens of thousands more for that child to see a dr until they are 18.

But that is just me

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Gastromama2007
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:19 PM
1 mom liked this
If you don't agree with my right to choose, at least give me the right to free birth control...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 23 on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:20 PM

But why should it be free?

So tired of this country thinking everything should be free!

Quoting Anonymous:

No necessarily a right but a good thing to have imo

rnchelle93
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Who said anything about free? It isn't free. We pay huge insurance premiums for the 'free' birth control that many didn't want to cover.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 23 on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Honestly it should all be different; heck take it all away!

The government should not be providing for us like this.

Quoting mishamama:

THIS.

Quoting mommy_me:

I would rather the government give out free $500 IUDs that last 5 years than give out $1000s to women to give birth, then 100s more for WIC and a couple more thousand for food stamps and a tens of thousands more for that child to see a dr until they are 18.

But that is just me

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:21 PM
Because some of us can't afford to pay for it. Or a baby.

Quoting Anonymous:

But why should it be free?

So tired of this country thinking everything should be free!

Quoting Anonymous:

No necessarily a right but a good thing to have imo

3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Quoting mommy_me:

Agreed, but I do think majority of the people need to get rid of the entitlement attitude. You're only entitled to what you can provide for yourself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 24 on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:23 PM
I don't see how thats a right at all. It should be payed for.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN